Thursday, February 20, 2020

FENCES AROUND THE WORLD FOR GOSIA



 Quercus phallus 
(Virginia Native)
Willow Oak

As you probably know if you have been visiting for a while, I love my poems.  I share any I find that I truly enjoy, and this has such a positive message.  



The Oak Tree
by
Johnny Ray Ryder Jr

A mighty wind blew night and day.
It stole the oak tree's leaves away,  
Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark
Until the oak was tired and stark.

But still the oak tree held its ground
While other trees fell all around.
The weary wind gave up and spoke.
How can you still be standing Oak?

The oak tree said, I know that you
Can break each branch of mine in two,
Carry every leaf away, 
Shake my limbs, and make me sway

But I have roots stretched in the earth, 
Growing stronger since my birth.  
You'll never touch them, for you see 
They are the deepest part of me.  
Until today, I wasn't sure 
Of just how much I could endure 
But now I've found, with thanks to you, 
I'm stronger than I ever knew.


Thank you for hosting Gosia.  
If you would like to see other Fences Around the World, or join in with your own, you will find them on Gosia's blog here.

Enjoy your day and thanks 
for stopping by.



43 comments:

  1. I love the weathered fence - and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this poem!!!! It is very reassuring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem. Thank you for sharing it, Denise. I have to smile though. We had a swamp oak in our backyard in Illinois. It never gave up all its leaves in fall. It would just keep falling throughout winter which was a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Kay. Oh dear on your swamp oak back in Illinois. That must have been a challenge every year.

      Delete
  4. Interesting post. Nice rail fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryder's poem is great and so fitting for your paintings! And that is a type of fencing I really like...split rail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those old split rails also. Glad you enjoyed my post Anni, thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Nice fence. And thanks for a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Denise! I love the poem and the beautiful photos. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, like the poem. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great poem, it is always a sad thing to see when one of our hundred year old oaks, turns over from a storm. doesn't happen often though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed Sandra. I agree, I am always sad to see the old trees fall down.

      Delete
  10. I thought so too, thank you Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your fence shots...an love the poem and tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Denise,
    Lovely old rustic fence and a beautiful poem,
    All the best,
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, thank you, glad you enjoyed. All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you for a beacon of beauty and sanity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet of you to say Cloudia, you are very welcome and thank you :)

      Delete
  14. Wood fencing is just the best Have a good weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diane, I love the old wood fencing. You have a good weekend too :)

      Delete
  15. Nice fences and a lovely poem …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos and so enjoyed the poem.Happy weekend wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Buttercup and a happy weekend to you also :)

      Delete
  17. A great poem and relevant today with storms in many countries blowing down trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!