Sunday, August 19, 2018

MONDAY RECIPE POST - CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER MUG CAKE

I have had this recipe for a long time and have shared it before, but I thought it worth repeating on this blog.  It is great for when you want an occasional dessert, is made in a mug - always looking at portion control - and there is enough for two people.  



Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake 
Makes 1 mug cake

3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons of milk
1-1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of peanut butter

In a large mug whisk together (with a small whisk or large fork) the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.  Add the milk, vetetable oil and peanut butter.  Whisk until smooth.

Cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 10 seconds.  This recipe will rise a lot and then deflate.

Serve immediately.

You can add a scoop of ice-cream to serve or pour on a little English Custard.  When I made it originally I decorated it with sliced banana and a few chocolate chips on the top.  Another time and before putting it in the microwave I mixed in a tablespoon of chopped walnuts.  It is delicious on its own also.



30 comments:

  1. Not for me, but I am sure my partner would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for my hubby either. He doesn’t like chocolate.

      Delete
  2. Hello, it does look yummy. Chocolate and peanut butter are great together. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby would love it if I made this desert, Denise! He's a chocoholic! Paired with peanut butter sounds great to me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm glad to know that your husband will like this recipe Martha Ellen. I'd love to hear what you think of it if it is made.

      Delete
  4. did not read and did a fast scroll, I don't eat sugar or chocolate now so had to get on past it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not for either of us we both hate peanut butter!! Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too Ginny, whenever that sweet tooth fairy visits :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh my indeed Cloudia :) Exactly what I say when I try this.

      Delete
  8. I am going to try this. Many thanks! We live "out in the country" and this might work (maybe too much?) When we are "in town" we sometimes buy just a slice of something sweet to bring home. That way we don't have an entire cake or pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline, this is very satisfying for when I get a sweet tooth and don’t want to over indulge :) we do the same thing as there is a dessert we like to buy. It has two small puff pastries in one package, one plain (for hubby), and one with a chocolate coating on the top (for me), both with a delicious cream inside. It is just enough and not too much.

      Delete
  9. oh you have flour twice in the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ups! Thanks Christine, I will change that. Was in a bit of a rush when I typed this one.

      Delete
  10. i tried something similar and it wasn't great. i will write this one up and save it. it does look yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is to you your taste Debbie, and if you get one you like I hope you'll share it. I love mug cakes :)

      Delete
  11. I love this! We MIGHT get the grandkids back this month. I shall do this for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think Jenn and enjoy your family. I have been enjoying your photos of their travels.

      Delete
  12. Ok Denise, so just when we were planning to go desert free when we finally return home to NH, Inread this easy and delicious looking post. Too bad Gregg doesn’t like chocolate, we like both chocolate & peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy, this is such a small dessert and just right for two people. I usually leave half to have the next day. Gregg likes licorice and I can't stand the stuff ;) but chocolate and peanut butter? Oh yum!

      Delete
  13. Mug cakes, mug breads are very popular :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I haven't tried a mug bread yet. I saw my first recipe about a week ago and thought I have to try that.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!