Sunday, June 10, 2018

TO BE GOING ON WITH, A POEM AND A CABIN IN THE YUKON



"I have decided to find myself a home in the mountains, somewhere high up where one learns to live peacefully in the cold and the silence.  It's said that in such a place certain revelations may be discovered.  That what the spirit reaches for may be eventually felt, if not exactly understood.  Slowly, no doubt.  I'm not talking about a vacation.

Of course at the same time I mean to stay exactly where I am.

Are you following me?"

~Mary Oliver~
from her book of poems, 
"A Thousand Mornings"



Mary Oliver is one of my favorite poets, maybe my all time favorite.


(My photo was taken at the Tagish Lake Kennels in the Yukon, on our side trip into Canada. The cabin was on their property.)

18 comments:

  1. I think silence in particular is an essential for those voyages of self discovery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have discovered in the last two years that too much silence can break the spirit, therefore, like medicine, it should be taken in small doses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good point Valerie. Too much of anything isn’t necessarily good for us. I would never want to see anyone have their spirit broken and most certainly not yours my dear friend.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought so too Francisco, a hug and a good week to you too.

      Delete
  4. Hello, I love the cabin and the poem! Happy Monday and have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has a very readable style thanks for the introduction. That is a quaint cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cabin a lot and the quote also. if I stayed there it needs electric and indoor potty and wifi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living peacefully is the best ever, but living in the cold I could never master!!!
    Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But being able to do both, what a concept :) Thanks Diane, you have a good week too.

      Delete
  8. It looks like the essence of the far north.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice looking cabin.
    A quiet life but not too cold for me!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!