These are photos of an old greenhouse that is on the grounds of Oatlands Plantation near Leesburg. From this angle I was able to take a good amount of sky through the roof. I thought I would also share photos from inside.
All I could find out on line was that it was built in 1810, and is said to be the oldest standing greenhouse in the south. I hope to go on an actual guided tour on my next visit, where I hope to find out more.
Here are more skies from that day....
Here are five links for you to view.
1) Did you ever wonder why there are no monkeys native to North America? Well no, neither did I, until I read this very interesting article here.
2) A fascinating story and video about the crab horde that gathers in Australia here.
3) Any fans of Kris Kristofferson out there? He is now 80 years old. He was being treated for Altzheimers but they not so long ago discovered he actually had lime disease. After three weeks of treatment 'he was back'. You can read about him here.
4) Amazing photographs from the 2014 National Geographic Traveler Competition Part II here.
5) Heartwarming photos here, some I have seen, some not.
A fence for Theresa at Good Fences, sky photos for the team over at SkyWatch Friday and five photos for Tanya at Willy-Nilly Friday Five, with my grateful thanks to our hosts. You can visit other participants if you click on their names.