Good Morning! How are you today?
Sorry I’m late. I was telling the trees how beautiful they are - Healing Hearts
Let’s walk down to my imaginary cottage.
We can enter by the gate.
I like coming home to wide open windows where I can see the curtains dancing in the breeze. As we walk around the back, there is the smell of bread baking.
Oh yes, this looks like the perfect recipe.
Homemade Artisan Bread - Ingredients: 3 cups of flour
1-1/2 teaspoons salt - 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
1-1/2 cups warm water (heated to 100 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit).
Instructions: 1. Mix dry ingredients and add warm water,
stir to a sticky dough. 2. Cover and rise 12 to 18 hours.
3. Shape gently, rest 30 to 45 minutes. 4. Preheat oven to
450 degrees Fahrenheit. 5. Cool 1 hour. Tips: Wet dough = airy loaf
Dutch oven makes a crispy crust. Longer rise = deeper flavor.
We have a choice of cottages today. What do you think? A bit too hilly? Do you have a favorite?
Both come with lovely neighbors.
Are you a Woodlarker?
Woodlarking - Not everyone walks through the woods the same way.
Some see trees, and some see stories, others notice the tracks, the
feathers, the old stones, the things that happen in the corner of your eye.
We are the ones who stop. Who listen and look closer. Woodlarkers.
Maybe you are one too - Woodlarking.
Ipsety (English) - (n.) the quality of being oneself; embracing our
Individuality + what makes us unique.
Liberosis - lib.er.oh.sis - the feeling of wanting to
care less about things, a sense of calmness that comes
when you let go of unnecessary concerns.
Orophile - a person who finds peace and serenity,
and connects with themselves more deeply in
mountainous settings; a lover of mountains.
And because we must remember our cat lovers.
niksen (NEEK-sen) noun (Dutch) - the mindful
practice of doing nothing. A pause for your
mind to wander, rest and refresh. It’s not
avoidance, but a quiet space where clarity and
calm naturally emerge.
This little one has all of that figured out.
Do not disturb! Bee is sleeping. He has had a busy day being a bee.
I am feeling like a bit of a snooze myself...
but I am trying not to nap today as I know it will cut into a good night's sleep.
Sometimes it’s okay to stop doing and just bee.
Have you had a banana today? I had mine for breakfast, along with a cup of blackberries and 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt. I have been on my journey to eating healthier for a long time. Let’s just say it’s a long journey, with a few side-trips, and leave it at that. Each day is a new adventure.
Advice from a Banana - always be ready when the time is ripe - Friends
are better by the bunch - Just because someone calls you “yella,” it doesn’t
mean you’re a coward - Ignore all the monkeys, they’re just trying to get to you.
Sometimes when you’re slightly bruised is when you’re at your very best
Life’s little surprises are what makes it so apeeling.
Now for some recipes. I thought I would start off with brown bread…
Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread - Ingredients: 2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast - 1/4 cup honey - 2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon espresso powder (optional) - 4 cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour - 2 tablespoons butter, softened - Oats for topping
Instructions: mix yeast, warm water, honey, molasses. Let foam for 5
minutes. Stir in cocoa, espresso, flours, butter, salt. Knead until smooth.
Let rise 1 hour, shape into loaves. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle
With oats. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
to go with…
Slow-cooker Sausage, Potatoes and Cabbage
Ingredients: 12 ounces sausage (such as kielbasa or smoked sausage), sliced
5 potatoes, peeled and chopped - 5 cups of chopped cabbage - 1-1/2 cups
chicken broth - 1 white onion, sliced - 1 teaspoon dried thyme seasoning -
salt and pepper to taste - Instructions: 1. brown sausage in the skillet.
2. Layer the sliced kielbasa, peeled and diced potatoes, cabbage and sliced
onion in your slow-cooker. 3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dried thyme.
4. Pour the chicken broth over the ingredients. 5. Cover and cook on low for
5 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender. - With this Slow Cooker Sausage,
Potatoes and Cabbage recipe, you can effortlessly create a satisfying and comforting
meal that pays homage to its European roots. Whether you’re looking for a crowd-
pleasing dish at a family gathering, this recipe is sure to delight your taste buds
and warm your heart. Enjoy!
Or maybe we want something easier and simpler to prepare on a hot summer day.
Cucumber Sandwich: You will need 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise - 1 tablespoon lemon juice - 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
and let’s not forget thin slices of a hot house cucumber. You don’t need to deseed
those.
Mix all the ingredients up and spread it on your favorite bread. Add the sliced cucumber and there you have it. I love a cucumber sandwich.
Wise Words!
Be like a sunflower - bright - sunny - positive - spread seeds of happiness
stand tall and always turn to the light
Pep Squad arriving! You are going to get tired of me telling you, but it’s important to remember the reminder.
Sometimes you forget you’re awesome, so this is your reminder.
Pep talks - you’re doing better than you think. Even on the days when you
feel tired, unsure, or a little behind, you’re still moving forward. Give
yourself credit. Give yourself grace. You’ve overcome so much - and
you’re still rising.
Take a deep breath. Feeling scrambled? Let that go.
It’s a great day to be you. Strut your stuff. You got this.
I am proud of you and everything you have accomplished. Keep shining brightly, and never stop
believing I yourself.
Okay, that is the end of my Odds and Bods for today.
You all take good care of yourselves and
thanks for stopping by.
(My thanks to Pinterest for today’s inspiration.)





























Thanks, Denise,these are all wonderful quotes and words of wisdom; it’s delightful what you’ve gathered here, including the recipes. I wish you a happy day! Hugs, Elke
ReplyDeleteThe first cottage is definitely my favorite. I love it! And I knew none of these words, just hope I can remember a few to impress people! The first bee pic is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Denise, I loved reading them all and the cottage has a good view.
ReplyDeleteCute images Denise, I love all the quotes and wise words to live by. Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteThere is probably a touch of orophile in me.
ReplyDeleteThat cute dog was a nice welcome to your blog today. This was totally delightful from beginning to end. I think I would have to go with the first cottage. I can picture myself rolling down the hill in the other one.
ReplyDeleteA simply wonderful post. Delayed due to a conversation with trees - best excuse ever.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
I,love how you can go from one quote or picture to another, how they blend together so well.
ReplyDeleteLovely post, Denise!
ReplyDeleteThe images are so sweet, and I really enjoyed all the uplifting words and thoughtful quotes.
Happy Tuesday!
Today is granddaughter #3's 9th birthday. She's here with us this week for Horse Camp with her cousins. Today in her lunch I made a cucumber/cream cheese sandwich. She'd never had one so I introduced her to it on Sunday and she liked it. A good option for lunch since she doesn't like pb&j anymore.
ReplyDeleteI also wrote down your keilbasa recipe. I have all those ingredients and will make it this week.
I love the title sleeping bee. And thanks for the new words. I like learning new words. I even write them down to help remember them, :) Have a super Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteThe view of cottage number two is stunning, but as far as the cottage itself, number1. You've given us a smile today. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteSo many lovely thoughts and ideas here. I feel like eating a cool cucumber sandwich now. 😄
ReplyDeleteA lot of fun to enjoy here this morning, Denise. I'm on 'a long journey with side trips' myself. Cheers to a beautiful day!
ReplyDeleteDenise you made me 10 times happier than I was and I awoke pretty happy
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia