Tuesday, June 30, 2026

POETRY IN MOTION - DARTMOOR PONIES - OLD FAVORITES

Ask me to show you poetry in motion, 

and I will show you a horse.

~Author Unknown~











I took my photos on Dartmoor (UK) in 2015. 




44 comments:

  1. Such a powerful quote. I believe that if the pursuit of freedom can inspire poets, then being on horseback truly is one of the most beautiful poems. Every time I've ridden a horse, I've felt like I was part of nature. What a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully put :) and thank you. I keep the company of horses rarely but on those rare occasions, it is always a magical experience.

      Delete
  2. Good quote and horses are graceful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful quote accompanied by fantastic photos!!! I love horses.
    happy day, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Elle, thank you very much for your sweet words :) I love horses too! Happy day to you with hugs, Denise

      Delete
  4. What a great quote. I love watching horses. They truly are poetry in motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Ann, so glad you enjoyed :) me too and agree with you 100%.

      Delete
  5. Great pictures of the horses to accompany the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the majestic horses...so big and so agile and their eyes Oh MY
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their eyes say it all, such expressive and gorgeous animals :) Thank you Cecilia, hugs, Denise

      Delete
  7. Lovely quote and beautiful photographs from Dartmoor.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, very happy you thought so. All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, gorgeous. These remind me of our time on Dartmoor, watching the ponies - such gorgeous animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could see the moors from their back garden, like we can see the Shenandoah Mountains not too far from here now :) I used to live near Dartmoor, and knew it for many years on holidays before I actually moved to Devon with my parents. The ponies were always a big draw for us. Gorgeous indeed!

      Delete
  9. They are lovely, and show the beautiful and fluid motion of the horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, I was thrilled to see them racing, the young ones having fun with each other like young children :)

      Delete
  10. I think there is truth to that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful animals and spellbinding to watch. Love the photos and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn’t agree more Jan :) Thank you, so glad you enjoyed. All the best, Denise

      Delete
  12. I like that. Horses are majestic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true Mary, glad you liked, thank you :)

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness I just love that first photo - I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amazing to watch :) the memory of them puts me right back there. Thanks Sandie.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you my friends, they certainly were :)

      Delete
  15. On visits to England I have often wished to visit Dartmoor but it has never happened, unfortunately. The chances of a return to the UK are pretty slim, so I suppose it never will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I ever will get back there David but am happy I was first introduced to them at 8 years’ old. Lovely memories!

      Delete
  16. Well, you won't get an argument from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I wouldn’t Sandra :) love that you have your own horses.

      Delete
  17. These are just wonderful, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cool that you took these shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right place, right time springs to mind. A wonderful memory to see them enjoying themselves :)

      Delete
    2. I love that it's a good memory. Those rock!

      Delete
    3. That they do! It's a wonderful feeling to see horses galloping isn't it? Thanks again Ivy!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!