One of those weeks of no fixing new recipes so I am relying on my archives. I found this one which I remember liking very much. Not the prettiest presentation but if you care to look at the food blog where I got it from, the link is below and it will give you a better idea of what it should look like. Everything else on here is from June 2014.
Monday, June 29, 2026
MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - THAI CHICKEN SALAD WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
I felt it was time for a main dish salad and found this delicious recipe at My Kitchen Escapades, recipe index at this link. You can click here to go to see the original recipe. If you enjoy food sites there are other wonderful dishes for you browse through.
Thai Chicken Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serves 8
Chicken Marinade:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 cup sugar or 2 tablespoons Truvia or sweetener you prefer in equivalent measure
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
Dash of salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2-1/2 pounds total
Salad:
2 hearts of romaine, chopped
1/2 large head of Napa cabbage, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 carrots, shredded
1 red bell pepper, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 cup salted peanuts
Dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup Thai sweet red chili sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar or Truvia
Pinch of salt and pepper
Peanut Sauce
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon Thai sweet red chili sauce
2 tablespoon water
In a Ziploc bag combine all the ingredients for the chicken marinade. Squeeze the bag a few times to blend together really well. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Cook the chicken either on a hot grill, 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Allow it to cool a bit, then chop up all the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, except for the peanuts, then add the chicken.
Combine all the dressing ingredients then pour over the salad. Toss until the salad is evenly coated with the dressing. Put into individual salad bowls to serve.
Stir together the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a small bowl. If the sauce is too thick to drizzle, add a little more water. Generously drizzle peanut sauce over each serving of salad, then top with the peanuts.
What did we think of this dish? Very much enjoyed. The flavors in this recipe are subtle and delicious.
I always use a hot-house cucumber, the kind you don't have to seed. I prefer it to regular cucumbers.
There was quite a bit of preparation but I started early. It helps to get all the ingredients chopped up and everything measured out before you start putting the recipe together. I learned this late in life!
Lots of leftovers. We will be eating this again tomorrow, and probably the next day.
I thought of halving all the ingredients next time as there is just the two of us, unless we are having people over. But my dear other half feels confident that he can eat this for the next three days. I guess we have a winner.
I wish you all a great week and
thanks for stopping by.
Bon Appetit!
49 comments:
Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.
I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Looks good, healthy, and really filling!
ReplyDeleteI am looking around for more salad recipes Ginny :)
DeleteLooks very tasty and nice, Denise. Nothing like a good salad.
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret, and I agree :)
Deleteits looks super tasty, OMG
ReplyDeleteThank you Pak Asep, happy you think so :)
DeleteThank you for calling me 'Pak Asep.' I'm curious,how did you learn the word 'Pak'? It's a common and respectful way to address an older man in Indonesia
DeleteI wanted to address you correctly and asked Google about your name as I wasn’t sure which would be the polite way. It told me to say Pak Asep but I did not know this was for an older man. Please let me know how I should address you as I don’t want to offend especially as I am learning about another culture. Thank you for asking this question :)
DeleteIt looks pretty good to me. I like things that I can eat for several days too since I hate cooking anymore.
ReplyDeleteGreat and thank you Ann :) I have to really feel like getting in the kitchen before I tackle anything. I have been putting together a lot of salad and sandwiches. Anything I can throw together quickly.
DeleteHello Denise,
ReplyDeleteIt does look tasty, thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.
You are very welcome Eileen :) thank you and I wish you the same.
DeleteWe have made something very similar to this, Denise, but not for a while. My taste buds tell me that we are overdue!
ReplyDeletePerhaps when you get back from your vacation David :)
DeleteThis is something I think I'll like. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome Sandra, so glad :)
DeleteDenise what a delicious looking summer meal.
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
Thank you Cecilia, happy you think so :) hugs, Denise
DeleteLooks quite appetizing! I love the peanut sauce.
ReplyDeleteThank you Angie, me too :)
DeleteWonderful choices. You should open your own restaurant!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the sweet compliment, very much appreciated :)
DeleteGreat recipe! I love Thai food and order it several times a month. I prefer it mild, though.
ReplyDeleteMild is also excellent. I find I have developed a taste for hotter, spicier food over the years but not very, very spicy. Just enough to feel the heat :) So glad you enjoy Thai food. It has become one of our favorites.
DeleteThis looks mega delicious, you really are a fantastic cook.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
You are very kind Amalia, thank you! A few things I have going for me is that I love variety in cooking and also enjoy old favorites. I also have fun following recipes. My dear husband has also discovered how much he enjoys cooking, so the work is shared and halved :)
DeleteThis salad looks fantastic, Denise. Fresh, colorful, and full of great flavors. Thanks for pulling this one from the archives — it’s a keeper!
ReplyDeleteThank you Carrie, you are very welcome. I'm glad you think it's a keeper :)
DeleteWygląda pysznie , lubię takie potrawy.. Miłego tygodnia😊
ReplyDeleteBardzo dziękuję! Cieszę się, że ten przepis Ci się podoba. Życzę Ci wspaniałego tygodnia :)
DeleteThat looks and sounds good for a light summer meal. We're having a salad and some nice bread this evening for dinner and a nice bottle of wine.
ReplyDeleteSandy's Space
Hi Sandy, I think we will be having lots of salads, during this hot weather especially. Bread is also a wonderful addition, as well as a glass of wine :)
DeleteThat does look very tasty.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you Jan, much appreciated :) All the best to you too, Denise
DeleteGracias por la receta. Buena semana. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteDe nada por la receta, y muchas gracias :) Que tengas una excelente semana también; te mando un beso.
DeleteI haven't made chicken with peanut sauce in ages, Thanks for reminding me about it. And I think your dish looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteThank you Erika, very much appreciated, and you are very welcome. Glad you like the look of it :)
DeleteDo you cook like this every night or once a week. That is a lot!
ReplyDeleteHi Sandie, I don't cook every day like this. It's an old recipe I haven't made in a while. I do enjoy cooking though but so does Gregg and if there's a meal that has a lot of steps in it, we do it together. I'm a follower of recipes to the 'T'. He's a cook-by-the-seat of his pants man and it makes for a few laughs in the kitchen. He does all the standing up at the stove and putting everything together, including chopping veggies. I do my chopping sitting at the kitchen table. Right now we are fixing easy throw-together meals. Lots of salads and the occasional sandwich. No turning on the oven or much else in the kind of weather we are having right now :) Hope you're doing okay in these hot temperatures.
DeleteIt seems like a great summer dish
ReplyDeleteThank you friends, I appreciate that :)
DeleteA perfect meal for a hot Summers day and a bit more interesting than just salad. Thank you, Denise
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome Beverley and thank you :)
DeleteJudging from the ingredients I'm sure the flavors were rich!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen, I am looking forward to trying it again :)
DeleteI love making sauces and I love adding the crunch of peanuts to some dishes and other dishes I like cashews and other, other dishes, walnuts. That crunch and taste. So good. Your meal looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ivy! I like those nuts too, delicious when added to recipes and delicious on their own too :)
Delete🩷
Delete