My favorite time to do these is at the end of the day when I am ready to put my feet up. I will take maybe 20 minutes to half an hour, depending on how tired I am. When the puzzle pieces refuse to show themselves to me, then I know it’s time to put it down.
I am a very visual person as you have probably guessed, and love the ones with animals and birds and bright, cheery colors. I also enjoy the scenic ones, and flowers of course.
I have put these puzzles together over the last few months and am sharing my favorites. I am about to clear a space on our dining room table to do a regular 1,000 piece.
How is your weather where you are? After hearing about the high temperatures in Europe, we are now following suit. It is going to be hot and humid. I will not be going out in it, if I can help it. I do have an eye appointment mid week, just to see how my eyes are doing with my new glasses. Quite well I will be able to tell her.
Thanks for dropping in and I hope your week ahead will be great.
Stay safe, stay cool.
Don’t forget to hydrate🥵
I love them, especially the ones with cats. It is to be 104 later this week!!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Stay safe and cool in all this heat Ginny :)
Delete’ve had severe thunderstorms and muggy, warm weather; it’s raining again right now, but the sun is supposed to come back out.
ReplyDeleteYour puzzles are lovely—I love doing them too!
Staying hydrated is important, and I have an MRI tomorrow!
Have a good appointment at the eye doctor tomorrow!
hugs Elke
Hello Dear Elke, I hope your MRI goes well tomorrow. I will be sending you lots of good thoughts. Stay cool and yes, hydrate :) Hugs, Denise
DeleteThese are lovely. I have a 1,000-piece puzzle to do and it's on a small table when I'm ready to commence it.
ReplyDeleteWonderful, enjoy your puzzle Margaret and thank you :)
DeleteThe puzzles are pretty - but your blue jay is prettier!
ReplyDeleteHappy you enjoyed them Jeanie, thank you :)
DeleteI love them all. Each one is as pretty as the next.
ReplyDeleteSo far this year we've been comfortable with temps mostly in the 70s or low 80s. Looks like this coming week is going to be a scorcher though with temps mainly in the 90s.
Thanks Ann, looks like a lot of us will be having scorching weather :)
DeleteIt’s warming up here in Ottawa. It will get really hot in a couple of days.
ReplyDeleteThen I will wish only the best for you and Sue when dealing with all that heat :)
DeleteI do NY Times puzzles in the evening, but these look like they would be really fun to do. I like these choices a lot.
ReplyDeleteThose sound good too. I love word puzzles. Thanks Erika :)
DeleteMy “it’s time for bed” activity is to play two games on my iPad, Solitaire and Spades. The puzzles are very nice.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like fun. Thanks for the idea Linda :)
DeleteI haven’t done a jigsaw puzzle in years. One of my sisters-in-law lives in a retirement centre and they always have one on the go there.
ReplyDeleteI love doing them. I have enjoyed them since childhood :)
DeleteHello Denise. The temperature is very high here, so we've been staying indoors with the AC on until the evening. With little Nikolas in the house, as you can imagine, we don't have any time to get bored 🤣 This week I was thinking about getting a puzzle myself. Maybe your post was the message I needed to finally do it.
ReplyDeleteHello Mary and Chris and yes, I remember those days of our own, we never got bored as you have found with your dear Nikolas. I am glad to have put puzzles into your thinking :)
DeleteWe have a real puzzle to work on soon and it's gonna be so much fun. I loved the digital ones too back when my old tablet would be able to do them.
ReplyDeleteLots and lots and lots of rain here so much so that finishing the deck was on hold. Upcoming is supposed to be hot, hot, hot so somewhere in there the deck may get done, though it will have to be before or after the hottest part of the day otherwise the stain, she gets sticky and doesn't wanna do her job.
Understandable. If it gets that hot out, I don't want to do my job either.
Wishing you a fun week.
That’s great Ivy :) sorry to hear the rain has stopped you working on your deck. Good luck with all that. Wishing you a fun week too.
DeleteOh that's okay. Then we ended up moving toward 100 degree days. It'll all work out in the end and be so nice on the back deck soon enough. Besides, plenty of indoor work to do. Happy July!
DeleteHello Denise,
ReplyDeleteThey are all beautiful puzzle pictures. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Eileen, I appreciate that and wish you the same :)
DeleteLovely vibrant and happy colors and phots
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
Thank you Cecilia, happy you enjoyed :)
Deletehappy sunday too
ReplyDeleteAnd to you and thank you :)
DeleteDear Denise :)
ReplyDeleteOh my, how lovely they all are. I also like the animal puzzles the best, and am doing a round one now with two beautiful birds. as the centre piece.. The weather here is SO hot I kept the blinds closed all day. Thank you for your much appreciated visits Denise.:) I'm glad your new specs are helping you see better.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
All the best
Sonjia.
Hello dear Sonjia, that sounds like a wonderful puzzle :) You are very wise keeping the blinds down on these hot days. Thank you for your visits also, which are very much appreciated too. All the best to you for a very happy week.
DeleteYou could make your own puzzles online with your photos!
ReplyDeleteThat’s a great idea Jenn, thank you :)
DeleteCancel your appointments if you can - it's not good to go out in high temperatures.
ReplyDeleteThank you Janice, I could but don't want to. It takes a long time for them to set up another with the amount of people they see but thank you for the concern. Much appreciated :)
Deletehappy sunday denise!! i recognize some of those puzzles, as you know, i am a puzzle girl. funny...i do one, every morning, as i start my day and try to wake up fully. i knit at night!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday to you and also a Happy Tuesday, which is where I am today. Late catching up again. That's fun that we recognize the same puzzles. If I could knit that's what I would be doing :)
DeleteBeim Betrachten deiner bunten Bilder bekomme ich gleich gute Laune. Ich liebe leuchtende Farben. Sicher steckt viel Arbeit in diesen Puzzles.
ReplyDeleteHier ist es noch immer sehr heiß und ich bin froh über eine Abwechslung.
Vielen Dank! :) Ich stelle gerade eines mit großen weißen Gänseblümchen und Marienkäfern zusammen. Auch mir tut es gut, sie anzusehen. Ich habe mich sehr über deinen lieben Kommentar gefreut und freue mich darauf, dich bald zu besuchen. Ich wünsche dir einen wunderschönen Tag! Herzliche Grüße, Denise
DeleteLove all these pictures you have good taste. Our weather here is ridiculous and we have been told not much change in July. We have been up to 45C, 115F !! Cheers Diane
ReplyDeleteWhat a kind thing to say Diane, thank you so much! Oh goodness, that is way too hot. I hope it has cooled down a little. Cheers, Denise
DeleteI love to do regular puzzles (on the puzzle board on my table), but every time you post the ones you do on your tablet, it makes me want to try one too.
ReplyDeleteThese are all lovely. My favorite is the very first one of the cat bordered by sunflowers.
Weather here has not been too bad, but it will turn into a scorcher (in the 100's F) by mid week.
That's wonderful Sandra, they are a lot of fun to do, aren't they? Take good care of yourself in all that heat we're expecting :)
DeleteI really like the one with the butterflies. It's been really hot here too 107 yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI like those too. You take care in all that heat too Mary. My goodness, it's way too hot!
DeleteI've never got to like on line jig saws.
ReplyDeleteNot everyone's cup of tea Red :)
DeleteLindas imagenes. Te mando un beso y te deseo una buena semana.
ReplyDelete¡Muchas gracias! Me alegra que hayas disfrutado de las imágenes. Te deseo también una feliz semana. Te mando un beso.
DeleteI used to love doing puzzles. Unfortunately, my arthritis causes problems with my hands now. I'm envious!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your arthritis prevents you from enjoying puzzles Carol. I am not sure how long I will be able to continue to do them :)
Deletehave a happy week Denise. We are having a wet winter which is odd for us, as our winters are normally the dry season. But anyway, life goes on ...
ReplyDeletesherry
Yes it does Sherry, and I have to remind myself as we are entering our warmest months, you are in your winter. Hope it's an easy one for you all :)
DeleteYou are not alone in having hot weather on the way, Denise, as we will be having the same in New England this coming week. Our plans are the same as yours to stay indoors and cool.
ReplyDeleteApparently not Dorothy :) hopefully the week after will be more tolerable, for all of us.
DeleteI love your puzzles and all the colors. And I won't be going out much either - although I have to say you are a hotter than we are and that is pretty hot.
ReplyDeleteThat’s great Sandie, thank you and let’s be careful if we have to go outside :)
DeleteThe puzzles do look good.
ReplyDeleteHope your mid week eye appointment goes well.
All the best Jan
Thank you, I appreciate that very much. All the best, Denise :)
DeleteDenise,
ReplyDeleteI love your puzzles... All so bright and colorful and cheerful!! We are in the midst of a heat wave that is going to last for 6 days in the 90's..Because of my auto immune issues, I do not do well in this type of heat , let alone the humidity...I will be staying in the house and doing some organizing projects...Thanks so much for all your visits and for your very kind words!!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to drop by!!
Hugs,
Deb
Debbie-Dabble Blog
Thank you Debbie and you are very welcome. I enjoy visiting you very much with all your wonderful decorations. Take very good care of yourself. I will be thinking of you during this heatwave, especially with your auto immune issues. Hugs, Denise
DeleteThese are all lovely jigsaws. My favourites are ginger boy running through the field of sunflowers and the ideallic log cabin scene. Hope the eye appointment goes well and things get sorted for you.
ReplyDeleteWeather here is cooler this week but the heat is due to return very soon. Take care where you are but have a good week.
That’s great Beverley, and that dear cat reminds me of my Ginger Tom when I was a child. I appreciate your good wishes regarding my eye appointment. Enjoy your cooler weather. Sounds like we will both be having scorching weather very soon :) You take care too and have an equally good week.
DeleteThe heat is on and I don’t like it!
ReplyDeleteNot too fond of it either Linda :)
Delete