Tuesday, October 22, 2019

OLD HOUSES..


"It was a mistake to think of houses, old houses, as being empty.  They were filled with memories with the faded echoes of voices.  Drops of tears, drops of blood, the ring of laughter, the edge of tempers that had ebbed and flowed between the walls, into the walls, over the years.  

Wasn't it, after all, a kind of life?  

And there were houses, he knew it, that breathed.  They carried in their wood and stone, their brick and mortar a kind of ego that was nearly, very nearly, human."

~Nora Roberts, Key of Knowledge~






25 comments:

  1. I was once a follower of Nora Roberts, so thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, pretty house and photo. I love the Nora Roberts quote! Have a happy day and a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely setting, I could live in a house with hardwood floors and pocket doors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piękny budynek . Życzę wszystkiego dobrego:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love old houses, love Nora Roberts and her quote. I find so many things that fit LIFE in our books of fiction...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to see old houses torn down as I think of all the memories contained in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, fortunately this one will not meet that fate for a very long time to come :)

      Delete
  7. I love Nora Roberts, although it has been a while since I last read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda :) the same for me, it's been a long time.

      Delete
  8. All of the history tied to old houses is fabulous. I wish they could all be restored and never torn down. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!