Monday, October 28, 2019

MONDAY RECIPE POST - CHOCOLATE CHIP, OATMEAL AND PECAN COOKIES


I made a batch of oatmeal cookies for unexpected company.  I usually freeze the dough after I scoop them into individual cookie sizes, flatten them slightly on the cookie sheet and pop them in the freezer to flash freeze.  After that is done I seal tightly.  When company comes I cook as many as is needed, adding a tad extra time to the suggested 12 minutes, say 15 minutes total, but you need to check as everyone's oven heat is different.  Not only does the house smell great but it is nice to offer up fresh-from-the-oven cookies when you fix them a cup of tea or coffee.  Especially nice as we get busy with the upcoming holiday seasons.

I found today's recipe at the Martha Stewart site here.  I am going to do something a little different with mine.  Not everyone is fond of chocolate, so I am dividing the dough into two batches, one without the chocolate chips. 

Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal and Pecan Cookies makes 44 cookies

1 cup all-purpose flour, measured and leveled
1-1/4 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping bowl as needed.

Add vanilla and egg and beat to combine. 

With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined.

Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets.

Bake cookies until puffed and golden around the edges, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets about halfway through.

Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.




23 comments:

  1. What a generous hostess you are.
    Guests have to be VERY special before I bake for them (slinking off in shame now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you to say so EC, and no sinking off in shame allowed ;) You have a generous spirit I know :)))

      Delete
  2. My mouth is ready for food dtasting. It's no good. I need to find a way of cookie transportation from your place to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish Valerie, I would love to make you some cookies :) I would enjoy making them for you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Obrigado, estou feliz que você goste destes. Desejo-lhe uma boa semana também :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, I love chocolate and oatmeal. YUM! I am sure the house smells lovely. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, it is a great combination :) You are always welcome and I hope you are having a great day, and also a happy week ahead.

      Delete
  5. The cookies look good, Denise, and the recipe looks easy too. I have never frozen cookie dough before baking, but have frozen leftover chocolate chip cookies. They were a nice treat both when freshly baked and later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds good too Dorothy, I will have to try the prep both ways :)

      Delete
  6. no baking for me, no cooking except when I have to.. I buy my Vegan Bite cookies, which are like these but have zero sugar zero flour. plus Alyssa bakes them for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just imagine the smell of them freshly baked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very welcoming aroma that wafts through the house :) Thanks William!

      Delete
  8. Those cookies look scrumptious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liberty Belle and you are very welcome :)

      Delete
  9. Loaded chocolate chip cookies are delicious. Great freezing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laurie, happy you found that useful :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!