I didn't have any time to sort my photos from the garden today. Instead, I chose two to share, one of a feather I found on the stony path in front of the visitor center at the garden. It was about one-and-a-half inches long and didn't exactly stand out. I was surprised I noticed. Maybe because I was staring down at my feet as I walked, and saw it flutter perhaps.
I like how the photo turned out. One of those artsy ones I do by accident. Does anyone know what kind of bird this comes from? I checked on here and it suggested a Great Horned Owl. I don't think so! One of the smaller birds I thought. But who am I? No expert, that's for sure.
Today we were running a few errands. I got my hair cut first thing. I always feel much better for a tidy up. I have been going to this lady at the Hair Cuttery for years, and she always does a great job.
We went for our once-a-week fast food lunch; the day changes sometimes. Our choice this week was Chick Fil-A. Gregg gets chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese. I like their grilled chicken sandwich and waffle fries. We usually go through the drive-thru and it was jam packed, but there were four young people going up and down the two lanes of cars, taking everyone's order. We were told to follow 'that grey Honda Civic please', also in line. By the time we get to the window, the food is ready for pick-up. From a hefty, long line, we had our meal within minutes. A smooth transition, almost feels like we are on a conveyer belt. These young people are friendly and polite. You can tell it's part of their training and it all adds to a very smooth and pleasant experience. We found our spot and had our car picnic.
So here we are, time to go upstairs for the night. Another fast day!
I will leave you with this:
"The robin flew from his swinging spray of ivy on to the top of the wall and he opened his beak and sang a loud, lovely trill, merely to show off. Nothing in the world is quite as adorably lovely as a robin when he shows off - and they are nearly always doing it."
from "The Secret Garden"
published in 1910 and again in 1911.
Have a great day everyone,
and thanks for visiting.
I do not know much about photography, but it looks great to me.
ReplyDeleteThat is really sweet of you to say, thank you so much :)
DeleteI showed AI the feather and this is what it said:
ReplyDeleteThat feather looks small, soft, and grayish‑white — likely from a common backyard bird rather than a large species. Based on its size, texture, and subtle downy edges, it most closely resembles a body feather from a mourning dove or pigeon.
I don't understand why McDonalds and other fast food places do not have the system. that Chick-Fil-a does! It makes it so much faster. I know we both love Mary Oliver. I saw that the PBS streaming service, called Passport, has a documentary on her!
You are awesome Ginny, thank you for not only checking the feather out for me, but also letting me know about Mary Oliver’s documentary. I don’t have that streaming service but maybe I can find it somewhere else. I hope so! Thanks to you I can check that out. Very much appreciated :) I know what you mean about McDonalds. You’d think that would encourage more people to go there.
DeleteThe photo of that feather came out well Denise. Seems you moved quickly through the drive through. We had lunch at a restaurant today, just some lovely chicken and salad sandwiches.
ReplyDeleteThank you Margaret and I love chicken salad sandwiches. You have given me a great idea for our next shopping list. Thanks again :)
DeleteA fascinating photo of the feather—I didn't know which bird species it was from. That photo of the Secret Garden is lovely; I think I once watched a movie about it!
ReplyDeleteHaving a car makes it handy to quickly go pick up some food—I'm sure it was delicious!
Beautiful day ,hugs, Elke
Thank you Elke, I would like to see that movie :) They do excellent sandwiches at this place :) You have a beautiful day also, hugs Denise
DeleteThey say if you find a feather, someone is thinking of you :))
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely thought. Thank you for sharing That thought makes me smile :)
DeleteThe Secret Garden is one of my favourite books. I remember sitting with my mum as she read it to me as a child, and then again snuggled up in bed reading it to my own daughter, such precious memories.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful Jo, thank you for sharing these sweet memories you have. Very precious memories indeed :)
DeleteI have no idea what kind of bird the feather came from but I do like the picture. Sounds like a good experience at the drive thru even though they were busy. A polite well trained staff can make all the difference
ReplyDeleteThank you Ann, that’s great :) This place is very well run and it certainly does make a difference.
DeleteThe feather is accidental art. I posted accidental art today too although I didn’t think to call it that.
ReplyDeleteI like you calling it accidental art John. I am looking forward to seeing yours now :)
DeleteIndividual feathers like that are very difficult to identify, Denise. If I had it in my hand it might help a little but even then a lot of guesswork would be involved.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your comment David, thank you :)
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteSorry, I can not help with the feather id. The drive thru went quickly, they have good workers. The secret garden photo is pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!
Hello Eileen, it will remain a mystery. I am happy I at least took a photo of one of natures little wonders :) You take care and enjoy your day also.
DeleteI like seeing random single feathers. They are a sign of hope, somehow.
ReplyDeleteHow true of the robin is that extract - such confident little birds.
Me too and I like your description. Thank you Janice :)
DeleteHave a nice day!
ReplyDeleteYou also Anne, thank you :)
DeleteI love the photo of feather on the stones...so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Angie, thank you :)
DeleteI read The Secret Garden when I was a child. I spent many hours pretending I was in the secret garden. You got an excellent shot of the feather on stone.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sandra, it is a lovely story :)
DeleteAfter reading the Secret Garden, I always wanted one! Lovely feather too. I have no idea what it could be.
ReplyDeleteMe too :) thanks for looking Val. I will be content to have this little mystery for a while longer.
DeleteNice snap on the feather on the cobblestone. I always feel like a new woman after Debra cuts my hair.
ReplyDeleteI too love the lunch you selected. Do you put pickles on your sandwich?
Hugs cecilia
Thank you Cecilia, and I also feel like a new woman after Angela cuts mine. Usually at this place I go to, there was always a big turnover of stylists but she has been here for years now and I keep my fingers crossed that she will stay there for several years more, plus the fact that she is a very sweet person and we get along great. I do have pickles on my sandwich :) Hugs, Denise
DeleteLovely feather photo
ReplyDeleteHappy you think so Christine, thank you :)
DeleteYour one feather shot is very artsy, indeed. I love a well oiled machine like chick fil-A with polite young people serving. I like organization in general and react negatively to chaos. Sounds like a good day for the two of you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen, and me too, that's why we keep going back, that and we always enjoy their food. We go there in our rotation of one-a-week fast-food places, maybe once or twice a month. Usually we are out running errands.
DeleteThe Chick-Fil-A drive-through is a work of art.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you 100% Sandi, not only for all I have mentioned but for their amazing efficiency.
DeleteI like the feather picture. I haven't been to fast food in a while.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary :) and good for you.
DeleteRobins are my favourite birds.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
They are a sweet little bird. On our last visit back to my home village, one would visit daily in the garden we were staying :) all the best, Denise
DeleteWell done. It is so much fun playing around with photos.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jenn and very much appreciated. I love to play with photos :)
DeleteWe sometimes go to Chick-fil-a when we come in from our boat. I usually get a number 1 with fries, but their Mac and cheese is pretty good too. And that is a great artsy photo. I like it.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds wonderful! Appreciate your compliment too :) Thanks Erika!
DeleteMy robins are quiet: poking the grass for worms. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteI haven’t seen any robins for a long time. I am missing them :)
DeleteThank you for the birthday greeting!
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome my friend, I hope it was a happy one :)
DeleteLindo jardín. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteYou picked a well organized place for lunch. I guess that's why so many people were there.
ReplyDelete