Wednesday, March 6, 2019

HOPEFUL!

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.  Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

~Helen Keller~  


There are a lot of people in life who have inspired me and given hope when needed.  When I checked my deck cam photos and saw this little one, looking up so longingly at the bird feeder (I cropped the photo), at first it made me chuckle and then, as photos often do, thoughts rippled out as I later looked at yet more old family photos.  They brought memories of people I have known, and who have helped me when most needed, for advice, for support, and for confidence when I was young and didn't have a lot.  

These would be my parents first of all, my sister, and later when my husband came along, he was my rock.  There is my son who makes me proud each and every day and his sweet wife.  Between the two of them they have always been an inspiration.  Then there are family members, aunts, uncles, and children whom I have seen grow up in front of my eyes.  The friends I have made throughout my life and even those I have momentarily bumped into.  All have been a stepping stone, or you could say a ripple in life's highway, all the forks in the road I have taken (but rarely regretted), to borrow a thoughtful line from a favorite poem, all those roads have led us here.

I am not even sure if I am making any sense, as I am rambling and my thoughts have taken me all over the place this morning.  I will do you all a favor and stop those thoughts as I watch yet another squirrel make his way up to that bird feeder.  Those little rascals never ever give up.

 We had a great time this past weekend when friends stayed over.  We have more company coming this weekend.  I may be a little slow catching up with you, but I will get there eventually.  

Have a great day everyone and thank you for stopping by.


36 comments:

  1. this photo touched my heart, the longing for the feeder, he looks like he is praying for it to get closer... so precious, even if he is a little stinker of a bird seed thief. I love it when my mind does what your did, just meander through our lives and the people we have known and still know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little stinker and a rascal, and like all across the species, amusing and a delight most of the time :)

      Delete
  2. When the rambles in our memories make us thankful, it's a good ramble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these wonderful people who inspire us and help us, they help make us who we are, maybe even more than we could have been. Does that make sense? What an adorable picture! No, they don't ever give up. Did he finally make it up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ginny, makes perfect sense :) And he got up there eventually. I'll share some of those photos later that I took with my camera.

      Delete
  4. That squirrel is so hopeful and concentrating on his desire. Yes, lots of people have helped us along the way and each one has a part to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memories are wonderful, I could not live without mine. Just love the photo, wishful thinking certainly. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, and I feel the same way. Keep well also :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Denise,
    That little rogue, they are always on the take where food is concerned, mind super image.
    Its so surprising how our minds wander, I'm sure it happens more the older we get, its always so pleasing to remember all these helps we've had along the way.
    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, very true and thank you. We think alike :) All the best to you too.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful inspiring quote and a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing your reflections of those that make your life meaningful, Denise. It's a good thing to be thankful. Love the darling squirrel photo. How in the world do all of God's creature make it over winter? I ponder that every day. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Martha Ellen and thank you. I wonder the same how on earth they manage. xo :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, think positive. Let yourself be inspired. You've taken the good from many people. Ya gotta be good to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You get the best photos!

    Funny how life is, isn't it? The older we get the more we realize how much it all matters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful post, Denise. I read it three times because I so enjoyed reading it. Even the squirrel looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, very happy you enjoyed it enough to read three times :)

      Delete
  12. Um grande momento fotográfico, aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Obrigado por seu lindo comentário. Desejo-lhe uma boa semana também.

      Delete
  13. Reading this post, Denise, hit home as I have found myself thinking of family and friends in recent weeks, many of whom are no longer alive. And, I too am thankful for those still here and wish it were possible to see some friends and family more often than we do, but we keep in touch as much as possible through other means and cherish the times we get together. It’s amazing how an image can get our minds to thinking in so many directions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, it is amazing. And yes, getting together with those we like and love when we can't see them that often, only makes it more precious when we do :)

      Delete
  14. Hello, love the cute squirrel photo. Love the inspiring words and quote! Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, I'm happy you liked them. Have a happy day too :)

      Delete
  15. Oh, Denise, share your thoughts...love that line 'ripple in life's highway.' This was such a wonderful read...I think we all think thoughts along these lines as we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking of the past ...especially when it is with gratitude ... is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!