Tuesday, September 22, 2026

BUMPING DOWN, BUMPING DOWN THE ROAD….

 


To give you an idea of how long ago I took this photo, that little girl would be about 17 years old now. 

I was standing on the opposite side of the street, not a very wide one, when mother, little girl and toy kitty came bouncing down the road. It gave me a big smile and a chuckle as I quickly caught the moment. 

We were visiting my home and had gone to a nearby town.This was a place I visited often to see friends before I met my dear other half.  

I came across the photo again and there it was, the same smile, the same chuckle. I wonder if she still has that little kitty like I still have my old teddy bear? 

Thanks for visiting and I hope your day is a great one.




36 comments:

  1. Moments frozen in time are so precious.
    I still have the big rag doll my uncle bought me for my first birthday...she's now 74. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are and I love the fact that you have your big rag doll from your uncle. Thanks for sharing that Rita :)

      Delete
  2. What a cute capture! And the image is so sharp, even though they are moving. I doubt she still has the kitty if she had been dragging it all over dirty roads everywhere she went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been lining up a photo to take that old gate and the museum sign when they wandered into view. It was too good an opportunity to miss. I had another camera with a zoom lens back then and I always say it was a better camera and took sharper pictures. More likely that I had a steadier hand :) That kitty probably fell apart in the washing machine. I bet it had many encounters with that.

      Delete
  3. Cute photo! I would be surprised if the kitty lasted this long.
    Take care, enjoy your day and happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen :) That would be nice. You take care too and I wish you the same.

      Delete
  4. How cute. I imagine if that kitty went for many walks like that it probably ended up looking pretty ragged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s nice to have a memory like that from so long ago; perhaps the woman has a live cat now. Beautiful Photo!
    Have a good day, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be very nice Elke :) Thank you and you have a good day also, hugs Denise

      Delete
  6. It would be interesting to see how she has turned out. I hope she has not adorned her body with tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wherever her life is taking her, I hope it is a happy one :)

      Delete
  7. that is an excellent picture. I love the pop of red and the movement of walking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so perfect for a typical child, strolling down the sidewalk. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn’t agree more Val, and it makes me happy it gave you a smile :)

      Delete
  9. This photo gave me a smile I'll try to keep for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at their strides. They are in the same position. There seems to be lots of action in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is pleasing here, including the background setting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute but I have to wonder if she cried when she saw how much fur got rubbed off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL LOL Denise....that was a wonderful flashback
    running late today it was gym, hair cuts and errands
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed Cecilia :) I did too. It brought back lovely memories. Sounds like you had a fun day. I had my hair done yesterday. Hugs, Denise.

      Delete
  14. Denise, I bought the Franz cinnamon swirl bread at Grocery Outlet, but I think they sell it at Safeway as well. They also have cinnamon raisin. The bread is a bit thicker than the usually bread, and it's so good when I make toast and butter.

    What an awesome picture this is. I love everything about it, especially since I have little grandgirls right now. The red coat and rain boots are so cute. And that little kitty she's dragging around is too funny and something a dear child would do. I'd love to see your old teddy bear sometime. My mom collected teddy bears, and they are such treasures. Have a sweet day, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for getting back to me with that info Sheri. Much appreciated :) I hope I can get some. Glad you enjoyed this photo. With you having your darling grandgirls I thought you would enjoy this picture. I will be sure to share a picture of my old teddy sometime. How delightful that your mom collected them. I have many but haven’t added to them in a few years. You have a sweet day too my dear friend.

      Delete
  15. Fantastic photo and how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine, it certainly does :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!