Saturday, August 15, 2026

SATURDAY MORNING AT THE BIRD FEEDER - 8-15-26

Bubbles is back with a few proposals. 


"Oh yes, what are those then?"


"Did you volunteer for this, or did everyone step back and you were the only one left in front? That happened to me once." He looked bashful and pressed on.


"They heard about those dried mealworms I bought, didn't they? Those are supposed to be for the colder months. There's still plenty of your natural food out there you know." He pressed on.


"That's more like it then. Come back tomorrow and you'll have a nice surprise. I am always willing to compromise, within reason." 


And that's how it goes on a Saturday Morning at the Bird Feeder, when Bubbles stops by every day, bless him, but his flock think it's too far to fly to splash in a pool and not get fed tasty dried up meal worms for their hors d'oeuvres! You would think flying from the trees down the road was a journey to the moon.

Mrs. Squirrel also stops by every day, but she has babies to feed. Maybe I should help? I saw her with a whole mouthful of leaves this afternoon, more than I thought it possible to carry. I know her nest way up there in the treetop is being fortified. Life goes on around here and sometimes you need a little help from your friends.

Thank you for reading today's whimsical tale. I hope you are all having a great weekend.








From the photos so that our international blogging friends can translate using my sidebar gadget.

Photo 1:
"I am back with a few proposals."


Photo 2: 
"They told me they can't justify a spa day on an empty stomach."


Photo 3:
"We are willing to overlook the fact that your neighbor has a much shinier birdbath if you start feeding us again."


Photo 4:
"We also miss Froggies3, Sophie Squirrel and the Missing Bunnies."


Photo 5:
"And you thought I was cheeky!"




58 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous golden bird!
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sherry, they are very pretty :) Cheers! Denise

      Delete
  2. That is funny! The sudden bubbling momentarily scared the squirrel! He looks so suspicious! And they are both really drinking from it. This is one of the best things you have ever bought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love watching these videos. In such a short space of time you can really figure them out :) I didn't think I was going to get it but it was a lovely surprise birthday gift from hubby. Thanks Ginny!

      Delete
  3. Videos are good, love them both, Denise. Alway good to see a bird and animal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just keeps getting better and better—it’s so adorable seeing whether the pretty bird or the squirrel comes to the watering spot. I love the video and the story you shared with it; it’s delightful, and I get so much joy out of it.
    Psst—I told my sweetheart, "Oh, I’d love something like that too," but our balcony is too small for it, and it wouldn't work outside.
    At least I get to see it at your place. Thank you, dear Denise!!!
    Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me very happy knowing you enjoyed it so much dear Elke. Thank you! I will send happy thoughts that you will get something to fit like that one day. In the meantime, I am happy to share these with you :) You have a wonderful day too, Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  5. Es fundamental en la vida el alimento y el agua, para calmar la sed.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Así es, y gracias por su comentario. Se lo agradezco mucho. Saludos.

      Delete
  6. Such a brave and beautiful one! Hope to see more birds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The videos an pictures are great but the commentary really makes this

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Goldfinches will soon be changing into their winter colors! What a nice bird bath too!
    Loved this today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will for sure Val. So glad you loved it, thank you :)

      Delete
  9. I get a goldfinch from time to time at my bird bath, an occasional mourning dove, and a cardinal. I haven’t seen any animals getting a drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Linda, this one arrives most mornings and the doves have started coming back, no cardinals for a while though. The squirrel must have a nest up in our tree next to the house :)

      Delete
  10. Denise oh to be an itty bitty webcam out on your deck. You make everything fun and pretty
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very sweet of you to say Cecilia, thank you :) It certainly brings me a lot of pleasure and I am hopeful that it will be busier when we start putting the feeder out. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  11. Fun times at the bubbling bird bath. Such vibrant yellow on the bird. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you think so Ellen, thank you. Those birds are like sunshine :) You have a beautiful day too :)

      Delete
  12. I love the last video, laughed out loud.. that sweet yellow bird is priceless.. PLUS, this is the first time I have noticed the 14 carat gold TURTLES... ha ha ha... love the turtles.
    burbling and bumbling is so fun... bring on the worms, we say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Sandra :) so glad this gave you a laugh. Yes, those turtles look nice and shiny don't they? I love them! Yes, bring on the worms :)

      Delete
  13. You make every day FUN! I needed some whimsy this morning! Thanks and stay cool! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very sweet to say that Diane, thank you, you made my day :) It is my pleasure to share a little whimsy with you. You stay cool also. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  14. I love the cute Goldfinches! Fun captions and a cute squirrel.
    Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Eileen, they are very cute I agree. You have a happy weekend also, and a happy week :)

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia, a birthday gift from hubby in July :)

      Delete
  16. I love it! Squirrels are so darn cute. I never see many different types of birds around here. Pigeons, sparrows, doves, black birds, ravens, crows. That's about it and the occasional hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Mary, that's quite a list. I am happy for any birds to visit for a spell :)

      Delete
  17. Your birdbath sees plenty of action.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We had a critter in Asian so have gad to suspend feeding the birds for a while, sadly. Too many squirrels, chipmunks, and mice! Fortunately we still have a lot of birds around, probably because of the gardens and the mulberry trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are very wise :) I'm looking forward to seeing more birds around here. How nice that you have a lot of birds.

      Delete
  19. Another fun post for Saturday Denise ... thank you.
    Lovely video of the goldfinch and squirrel.
    Have a happy weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, happy you enjoyed. You have a happy weekend and week also. All the best, Denise :)

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Muchas gracias y estoy de acuerdo, es muy lindo :) Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  21. A truly wonderful spa area... :-)))
    Sending you cheerful greetings, Denise.
    Hugs, Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am smiling Viola, I would like a spa area like this at the bottom of those steps :) Thank you very much and I send you cheerful greetings also. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. Jenn, you again made my day. Thank you so much my dear friend :)

      Delete
  23. Hahahaha. Love the action in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is one bright yellow bird. Such a pretty one. I loved watching her at the fountain. But I could barely watch the squirrel. That's how much they scare me. Creepy things to me, but I'm glad you enjoy them, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, and sorry about the squirrel Sheri :) I just love the little critters so much. Glad you at least enjoyed the goldfinch.

      Delete
  25. It was lovely to see the little bird and the squirrel enjoying your watering hole.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!