The birds and I want to wish you Happy 1st Day of the Month and a Happy August!
I bought animals shapes out of copper because someone told me that copper keeps the algie down. I bought extra leaf shapes for the other ground bird bath that I am putting down several feet away.
That's how it goes at this week's Saturday Morning at the Bird Feeder.
Thanks for flying in and
I hope your weekend is a great one.
For my overseas friends to use the translation widget on my side bar.
Photo 1:
Hello, I am Bubbles. Don’t judge, my flock named me.
Photo 2:
“I am checking out your new bird bath before I give it the okay.”
Photo 3:
“Nice reflection, I’m looking very handsome, aren’t I?”
Photo 4:
“Very nice location but you need more cover. You have hawks in this area don’t you?”
Photo 5:
“I will chat to the flock and let you know. I am sure they will like it.”
Photo 6:
“See you later!”








I’m so glad that such a lovely yellow bird and the squirrel visited your watering station. It was such an amusing interaction, too. It’s great that you do all this to attract the birds!
ReplyDeleteI wish you a happy August, hugs Elke
Thank you dear Elke! These days I would rather look at the birds than turn on the TV :) I find them joyful and very entertaining. Happy August hugs, Denise
DeleteIt's great to meet you, Bubbles! Finally someone, or somebird, is using the bath!! I think you are a handsome Goldfinch?
ReplyDeleteBubbles says the same and thanks you for the compliment Ginny :) Yes, finally!
DeleteWhat a nice conversation you had with Bubbles. I was told years ago about putting pennies in my bird bath but that they had to be all copper.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ann :) That’s interesting. I had heard of wearing copper bracelets for arthritis but not much else. I don’t know the validity of the bracelets.
Deleteprecious little yellow bird, Bubbles. Glad you approved of the fountain, now go spread he word a tree is coming..
ReplyDeletelol! Thanks Sandra, Bubbles is spreading the word, hopefully :)
DeleteHello Bubbles...I actually love your name and especially you are amost handsome male Goldfinch
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
Bubbles is brimming at your sweet compliment Cecilia and says thank you. Hugs from both of us :) Denise
DeleteYou might be right about the copper. Sue has put a few old pennies in the birdbath, but I winder how copperish they are, despite once being called coppers.
ReplyDeleteInteresting John! I will have to find a few and check that out. Thanks for the tip :)
DeleteWhat a pretty bird with vibrant yellow. We'll see what kind of a bird bath advocate he is. :) Happy August to you.
ReplyDeleteHopefully he is a good one Ellen. Happy August to you too :)
DeleteYES, you are very handsome, Bubbles!
ReplyDeleteHe thanks you Angie :)
DeleteNice to meet you Bubbles, I do like your lovely yellow colour.
ReplyDeleteNice to see squirrel too.
Happy 1st of August.
All the best Jan
Bubbles is very happy at the kind words. He thanks you kindly and sends his best, as I do, Denise
DeleteBubbles is really cute and bright! (Maybe we need to send all of the out of circulation pennies to the Reflecting Pool guys in D.C. to minimize algae. Hmmm.) Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteStill chuckling at that one Linda ;) thank you!
DeleteYou really have to work on bird baths to keep them clean.
ReplyDeleteYes we do but at this point in time, we are happy to keep cleaning and add it to the regular chores of cleaning up the deck :)
DeleteYou sure are a bird lover, aren’t you? Haha.
ReplyDeleteYes I am Gigi, lol!
DeleteI like bubbles. He's a very handsome guy. Happy August to you Denise!
ReplyDeleteThank you Erika, he thanks you too. Happy August! :)
DeleteI do love the goldfinches, they always are a wonderful colorful addition to any yard and bird bath. They love thistle seed and adore my Sunflowers!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me they like thistle seed Val. I will put that on my list :)
DeleteYou are wonderful, Erika... Happy August to you too, I wish, Andreja!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Andreja and I would like to wish you a very happy Sunday also :)
DeleteLovely colour and ever so cute, Denise.
ReplyDelete