Meet Tea and Coffee.
Good Morning
Tea Coffee
While we are here, let me introduce you to their friend, Stopthat.
Hi! My name is Stopthat.
Sometimes they call me Getbackhere.
I hope your day is starting out well and you are not feeling a little upside down like kitty here. On days like hers, we kitties drink a cup of herbal tea, definitely no coffee but a favorite drink is a whole pitcher of milk, or ….
one of those teensy glasses of Bloody Mary if we’re going out to brunch…or maybe that was a whole pitcher of Bloody Mary and one of those cute teensy glasses of milk? We have all our friends coming with us after all. I am confused! I am having such a good time, I can’t remember now. Definitely feeling more perky.
with its gate leading to the secret garden...
where all good things visit, like little birds in great numbers. Imagination is a great thing. All are welcome here.
I saw the quote on Donna’s blog and I
it made me chuckle. Thank you Donna! My dear other half and I were having a conversation along the same lines.
“One day you are young and the next, you are standing in your back yard looking at your bird feeder.”
While I am thinking of flowers, I thought I would put these on here.
I am going left to right on each line, reading the title first. 9 Container
Combinations That Attract Pollinators. Every pot pulls bees, butterflies and
hummingbirds. Lavender and Catmint - bumblebees. Salvia and Lantana -
Hummingbirds + Butterflies. Coneflowers and Black-eyed Susan - Native Bees.
Bee Balm and Penstemon - Hummingbirds + Bumblebees. Zinnia and Cosmos -
Butterflies. Borage and Sweet Alyssum - Bees + Beneficial Insects.
Sunflower and Nasturtium - Bees + Hummingbirds. Agastache and Sedum -
Late-Season Migrants. Milkweed and Verbena - Monarchs (Breed and Fuel)
and another.
Title first and then I go down each line from left to right. Milk weed
(Asclepius): Host plant for Monarch Butterflies. Purple Coneflowers
(Echinacea): Nectar rich and pollinator friendly. Lantana: Bright
blooms all season long. Butterfly Bush (Buddleja): A magnet for
butterflies. Zinnias: Easy to grow and loved by butterflies all summer.
Verbena (Vervain): Long-lasting blooms that attract many pollinators.
Black-eye Susans (Rudbeckia): Hardy native plant butterflies love.
Lavender (Lavandula): Fragrant blooms that attract and soothe.
Verbena (Vervain): Great for ground cover and full of nectar.
Phlox: Sweet scented flowers that draw butterflies in. I see that
Black-eyed Susan has been repeated, but as the description is
altered slightly, I kept it in. Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia):
Drought tolerant and butterfly favorite. Aster: Late season
blooms provide nectar when butterflies need it most - Plant
diversity. Support Pollinators. Create a garden they’ll love.
One more!
Plant Once , Bloom for Months: Low Maintenance Cottage Flowers That Never Quit
(I am putting these here left to right on each line until I get to the bottom.
Black-eyed Susan - Garden Flox - Lavender - Salvia - Coreopsis - Coneflower -
Lavender - Catmint - Yarrow - Dianthus
Fingers crossed, we are off to the garden center today. I am hoping to pick up a couple of planters and a few flowers. I have put ferns and red geraniums on the list, and lavender (added note: We are home now and purchased two pots of red geraniums. I am loving them. The following photo shows the place on the left.
We were at a traffic light waiting for the green before turning left into the entrance. It’s a big place but for all they were offering, I couldn’t find any planter pots that I loved, and those that were considered maybes, were over-the-top-expensive. I was happy to buy the geraniums. The color made me feel cheery.)
I loved this beautiful art showing hairstyle, makeup and fashion, and look at those dangly earrings?
Golf anyone? I don’t play but it’s a pretty picture.
A little humor.
I didn’t realize how bad my driving was until the GPS said,
“In 400 feet do a slight right, stop, and let me out!”
She would not make a good getaway driver for her cousin. (I am watching way too many cops and robber shows.)
In the meantime…
When you rat on the dog and you need to enter the witness protection program.
He knows something but he’s not saying, tsk!
I bet the opossum would do the right thing. He looks such a friendly little fella. Did you know…
I will read these top row, middle row and bottom row left to right.
An opossum can: eat dozens of slugs each night - leave your vegetables alone
shelter in brush and leaf piles - devour beetles, grubs and snails
climb fences and trees with ease - patrol your yard after dark - live
peacefully with backyard animals. Welcome nature into your backyard.
I little bit of Ireland for the recipes today. I don't usually make these before I share. If any of you do, would you please let me know what you think of them?
Waterford Blass (Traditional Irish Bread Rolls) - Ingredients: 4-1/8 cups bread flour - 3 teaspoons
fast-action yeast - 2 teaspoons fine salt - 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar - 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1-1/4 cups warm water - extra flour for dusting - Instructions : Mix flour, yeast, salt, sugar, butter
and warm water into a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth, then let rise in a covered bowl
for 1.5 hours. Divide into 12 equal pieces, roll into balls and flatten slightly. Place on a tray, cover
and let rise for 45 minutes. Dust tops heavily with flour. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-35
minutes until pale on top with a crisp bottom.
K
Traditional Irish Colcannon - Ingredients: 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 tablespoons butter - 1 cup whole milk - 3 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
4 green onions, sliced - salt and pepper - Instructions: Boil potatoes until tender.
Drain and mash with butter and milk. Cook cabbage until softened. Stir cabbage and
green onions into potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot with extra butter.
Dessert?
Irish Cream Liquor- From the kitchen of…Preparation time…Serves….Ingredients: 1 cup sweetened condensed milk - 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream - 1/3 cup chocolate syrup - 2 tablespoons
espresso - 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla - 3/4 tablespoon almond
extract - 1-1/4 cup Irish whiskey, chilled. Directions: whisk
together milk, cream and chocolate syrup. Add espresso, vanilla and almond extracts. Add whiskey last and whisk until well Combined. Serve chilled over ice or added to warm drink.
Wise Words, Kindness and a pep talk.
A few careless words may be forgotten by the person who spoke them,
but linger in the heart of the person who heard them for years. Never
underestimate how long a kind word can be remembered. Intrepid quips.
If you could see the struggles and heartaches people carry that never make it
to the surface, I think we’d all be a little gentler, a little more patient,
and a whole lot kinder to one another - Cottage Whimsy
Kindness makes for a better world.
I will never believe that kindness and compassion are a weakness, they are our strength. But, while we are at it, sprinkle a dash of common sense in there too.
Another quote I read recently.
“Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”
and
Very true! Believe it for you are worthy.
Thank you for always being interested in all my nonsense.
That’s all for today.
Have a great weekend!
(With my thanks to Pinterest for the inspiration.)




























Good for you for still gardening. It's all too much for me now. The Irish meal looks delicious. I could eat it right now. Love your post as always. We have lots of possums here and they pee on our balcony and make a mess.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wealth of quotes, photos, and explanations about the flowers. Geraniums are very pretty, too, and the Irish food looks delicious. That piece of art featuring the earrings is fascinating. All the rest brought me so much joy today as well!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day! Hugs, Elke
I love the way your mind flits from one thing to another, with an invisible cord joining all the thoughts. It's always a pleasure to see and read your posts, Denise. Thank you.
ReplyDelete