I know that old books have been repurposed to create "new" things and this is a perfect example of not letting them go to a recycle bin or worse yet the trash.
Nice that this was in a second-hand bookstore window, a book you'd want to pick up just to see how it was made. I wonder if the pages inside are cut to match the pumpkin shape too. https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
I've often seen old books re-purposed, one I really liked was made to look like a hedgehog . . . but I like the pumpkin here, and even better that it was in a second hand bookshop :)
That is so cool, Denise. I will pass this on to the girls. They are book lovers, and this is so creative for fall. What a wonderful project to work on. Happy October to you, dear friend.
Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.
I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!
The book is shaped like a pumpkin, how original!!!
ReplyDeleteGood day, hugs Elke
I thought so too Elke :) Thank you, with hugs, Denise
DeleteBeautiful artwork!
ReplyDeleteI agree Angie, thank you :)
DeleteThat is so cool. It looks like something I would have enjoyed trying to make. Of course these days I don't do nearly as much crafting as I used to.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ann, with a full-time job I am not surprised but what you do is impressive :)
DeleteMe parece una idea muy original para llamar la atención de los clientes.
ReplyDeleteBesos.
Estoy totalmente de acuerdo contigo :) ¡Gracias!
DeleteIt might draw me in.
ReplyDeleteIt was a place that drew me in many times David :) one of the best second-hand bookstores I have ever seen.
DeleteDer Kürbis sieht sehr originell aus. Er wäre etwas zum Nachmachen.
ReplyDeleteSehr gerne, und danke für deinen Besuch :)
DeleteWell it does look good Denise and it's a book shaped as a pumpkin.
ReplyDeleteThank you Margaret, I thought it was very clever and original :)
DeleteThis is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteHappy you enjoyed it, thank you Regine :)
DeleteThings that are thought of by creative people.
ReplyDeleteAmazing creativity :)
DeleteI know that old books have been repurposed to create "new" things and this is a perfect example of not letting them go to a recycle bin or worse yet the trash.
ReplyDeleteGiving new life to these things, I agree with you :)
DeleteCute pumpkin display, very creative. Happy Friday, have a great day and a happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed. Thank you and I wish you the same :)
DeleteOh and altered art book. I love this. What a great display for a bookstore.
ReplyDeleteMe too! It was a very clever way to get a potential customer’s attention :)
DeleteNice that this was in a second-hand bookstore window, a book you'd want to pick up just to see how it was made. I wonder if the pages inside are cut to match the pumpkin shape too.
ReplyDeletehttps://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
It would have been interesting to see how it was made :)
DeleteOuch says the book! I know it was probably on the discard pile.
ReplyDeleteProbably, I am glad it was given new life :)
DeleteOhhhhhhhhhh I would rather have the Book of Pumpkin than the book of faces
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
Thanks Cecilia :) me too! Hugs, Denise
DeleteLovely and creative
ReplyDeleteTotally agree, thanks Christine :)
DeleteIt is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
ReplyDeleteThanks Ginny, happy you think so :)
DeleteI've often seen old books re-purposed, one I really liked was made to look like a hedgehog . . . but I like the pumpkin here, and even better that it was in a second hand bookshop :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
That sounds wonderful Jan, I would have enjoyed seeing the hedgehog :)
DeleteHello! That is so creative! Two of my favorite things! Thank you for sharing, my friend. Have a cozy weekend!
ReplyDeleteHello there my friend :) It was my pleasure to share and so glad you enjoyed. You have a cozy weekend also.
DeleteLinda calabaza. Te mando un beso y te deseo un buen fin de semana.
ReplyDelete¡Muchas gracias! Me alegra que lo hayas disfrutado. También te deseo un muy feliz fin de semana y te mando un beso.
DeleteEnjoy your day . I wonder what the book would be about.
ReplyDeleteI wondered too and tried to read the pages but have no clue :)
DeleteThat is so cool, Denise. I will pass this on to the girls. They are book lovers, and this is so creative for fall. What a wonderful project to work on. Happy October to you, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you think that Sheri and how lovely you will be sending it to your girls. Thank you :) Happy October to you also dear friend.
DeleteI love that - I wonder how they got the idea to do that. Cool.
ReplyDeleteI wonder too Sandie, I thought it was very clever idea :)
DeleteHah, that is different!!
ReplyDeleteHi Yogi, it certainly is :)
Delete