The etc's are carrots and mushrooms. I got the original recipe at Food.com here.
This is one of those from my archives as I didn't spend a lot of time in the kitchen this past week and rely on publishing the old recipes that we still enjoy.
A few changes. It called for sweet Italian sausage but as I already had a packet of British Bangers from our recent trip to my Cornish Pasty store, I used those. This is a great recipe to change around to your own taste. It is comfort food at its best. The aroma in the house was very welcoming.
Roasted Sausages, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots and Mushrooms
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
4 servings
1-pound potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 large onion, cut into wedges, how many is up to you
1 packet of sliced mushrooms
1 pound bag baby carrots
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1-pound Sweet Italian Sausage or other sausage you might enjoy.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
4 servings
1-pound potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 large onion, cut into wedges, how many is up to you
1 packet of sliced mushrooms
1 pound bag baby carrots
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1-pound Sweet Italian Sausage or other sausage you might enjoy.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spread the vegetables in a single layer in one or more large shallow roasting pans; do not crowd them or they will not brown. Use two pans if necessary.
Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir well.
Roast the vegetables (but not the mushrooms or sausages) for 45 minutes. Stir vegetables once or twice during this time.
Cut the sausage into 1-1/2 inch pieces (personal choice as we left the bangers whole).
Add the sliced mushrooms to the veggies and place the sausages on the top.
Bake between 20 and 30 minutes longer, or until the sausages and vegetables are cooked through.
Serve hot.
(Be careful when you take the pan out of the oven. It is obviously going to be red hot. I found this out when I brushed my hand against one of the handles without an oven mitt. A reminder to take things slowly and be extra cautious.)
Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir well.
Roast the vegetables (but not the mushrooms or sausages) for 45 minutes. Stir vegetables once or twice during this time.
Cut the sausage into 1-1/2 inch pieces (personal choice as we left the bangers whole).
Add the sliced mushrooms to the veggies and place the sausages on the top.
Bake between 20 and 30 minutes longer, or until the sausages and vegetables are cooked through.
Serve hot.
(Be careful when you take the pan out of the oven. It is obviously going to be red hot. I found this out when I brushed my hand against one of the handles without an oven mitt. A reminder to take things slowly and be extra cautious.)
This was a delicious meal for a cold night. The vegetables came out perfect and we both said that even though we enjoyed the sausage, this would be one of those meals we could easily go meatless.
As mentioned, you can add your own favorite vegetables to this dish but depending on what they are, it might alter the length of cooking time.
Because I added the extra veggies, we had leftovers and will be heated up tomorrow to enjoy all again.
Thanks for looking, have a great week
and Bon Appetit!


That looks hearty and so delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks Angie :)
DeleteLooks a good wholesome meal to me, Densie and as you say you can choose any vegetables to bake and any meat too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret, it's nice to change things around :)
DeleteIt looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ginny :)
DeleteI'm a bit peckish now.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Food photos always do that for me Amalia :) xo
DeleteOh this looks so delicious.
ReplyDeleteHappy you think so Ann, thank you :)
DeleteI’d love to eat that right now too—it looks so delicious... a wonderful recipe, thanks for sharing! Hugs, Elke
ReplyDeleteI wish I could give you a plate. Thank you Elke. Hugs, Denise
DeleteHello Denise,
ReplyDeleteThis meal looks and sounds delicious. I do love roasted veggies.
Take care, Happy Monday. Have a wonderful week!
Thank you Eileen. Me too and I wish you the same :)
DeleteSiempre es bueno disponer de nuevas recetas, para no caer en la monotonía.
ReplyDeleteUn cariñoso saludo.
Estoy de acuerdo :) Disfruto de la variedad en la mayoría de las cosas. Un cordial saludo :)
DeleteExquisita comida para un buen almuerzo.
ReplyDeleteUn cariñoso saludo.
Aprecio su amable comentario. Muchas gracias. Un cordial saludo :)
DeleteLooks like a great dish. Yiu could even increase the volume of veggies and have it without the sausages as a vegetarian option.
ReplyDeleteThank you David. That's a great idea :)
DeleteOh Denise tis the season for warm comfort food and YOURS is beautifully displayed
ReplyDeleteWe had an oven sausage dish over the weekend. Sausages, red and green peppers,
onions browned. Then topped with eggs and baked til eggs were sunny side up.
Hugs Cecilia
Thank you Cecilia, it is indeed. Your sausage meal sounds delicious, with the addition of eggs too, yum! :) Hugs, Denise
DeleteI love this kind of meal.
ReplyDeleteThat's great, thank you Christine :)
DeleteI love meals like this that can double for another meal the next day.
ReplyDeleteMe too Linda, makes it a lovely effortless meal the next day and the flavors have a chance to develop :)
DeleteThis looks incredible, Denise. I am such a sausage lover (maybe it's the Polish in me), and I've been eating aidell's chicken and apple sausages lately, which are very tasty. I love how you added mushroom to the meal. It all looks soooo good. Have a sweet October week.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sheri, and I didn't know your heritage was Polish, how wonderful! You've given me an idea about my next sausage choice. Thanks again! You have a great October week also :)
Delete*well, I'm Greek and Polish on my dad's side, and French Canadian on my mom's side. I'm a few things, which makes it nice. ; )
DeleteWhich is great :) my husband is French Canadian and British on his mother’s side.
DeleteOh yum. Now I need a cook to make it! LOL!
ReplyDeleteAh yes, wouldn't it be lovely to have our own cook :) Thanks Val!
DeleteWhat a delicious dinner for this first Monday of October...that actually feels a bit like autumn!! Looks yummy:)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jennifer, and I am loving this first Autumn days :)
DeleteExcellent and obviously delicious! I just love it.
ReplyDeleteThank you Gigi, happy you think so :)
DeleteSheet pan meals are a favorite.Thanks.
ReplyDeleteMine too, they make putting together a hot, nutritional meal a lot easier :)
DeleteLooks good Denise.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you Jan, much appreciated :) all the best to you too. Denise
DeleteThat looks like a tasty way to have sausage instead of with pasta or on a sub roll. And it looks like a nice fall autumn meal. Happy new week.
ReplyDeleteGlad you think so, thanks Erika. A happy new week to you too :)
DeleteLove that you changed this around to make it yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ivy, much appreciated :)
DeleteI'll be back soon to catch up on your older posts. Just getting back with the blogger roll working again. Wishing you a yummy rest of your week! Huggs.
DeleteThat’s great Ivy. I enjoyed visiting you today :)
DeleteI have a similar "pocket recipe" for onions/peppers/sausages that I was almost ready to make today (sausages in freezer) but then we stopped at the store for milk and ended up somehow with a lovely piece of fresh fish ;>) ... Your recipe actually sounds better than my peppers/onions one as the weather gets cooler so maybe I'll do yours tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteAh now, fresh fish makes a wonderful dinner. If you use this recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)
DeleteGracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteEs un placer :) Me alegra que te haya gustado la receta. Te mando un beso :)
DeleteHi Denise. I just wanted to come back and tell you that Yes,, you should watch the movie, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris. It's about an Englishwoman who travels to Paris, and meets a few people along the way. I think you'd really like it. It's playing on Netflix right now. : ) Also, thank you for the instructions on the book pumpkin, I appreciate that. It was really cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me know Sheri, I will definitely watch it. You are very welcome to the info on the book pumpkin. It looks like a very enjoyable project.
DeleteOoh this looks so good.
ReplyDeleteHappy you think so Hena, thank you :)
DeleteOh, my goodness, I just think that looks so good - love sausage.
ReplyDeleteMe too Sandie and so glad you like the look of these :)
Delete