Tuesday, October 6, 2026

COSMOS AND A BUMBLEBEE FOUND IN NORWAY MANY, MANY YEARS AGO.


These have little white bands on their bodies. I found a White-tailed Bumblebee (Bombus lucorum).

A very happy bumblebee with heavily laden pollen sacks on its hind legs. Only the female has these sacks but I would appreciate hearing from our bee experts among our blogging friends to tell us for sure.  Hi Erika, I always enjoy those interesting posts on your bee hives.

Those bee sacks are on the middle part of its hind legs, so I read.


More found on a Google search.
🐝 
“Writers, naturalists and philosophers across history have expressed deep admiration for bees, celebrating their profound connection to nature, their selfless labor, and their vital role in creating harmony and life on earth.

Throughout history, literary and philosophical figures have honored bees for their selfless labor and vital ecological roles, often using them as symbols of harmony. Key themes in these reflections include the following: 

Wisdom and Devotion: St. John Chrysostom praised the bee’s selfless labor, while Leo Tolstoy linked caring for bees to approaching people with love. Henry David Thoreau likened beekeeping to directing sunbeams.

Connections to Nature: Khalil Gibran described the relationship between bees and flowers as an ecstatic exchange of life. Elizabeth Lawrence called the hum of bees the “voice of the garden,” and Emily Dickinson expressed admiration for their nature.

Wonder and Reverence: Albert Einstein (often cited regarding the ecological impact of their disappearance) and William Blake both delighted the profound, industrious nature of bees.” 
🐝 
Thanks for looking and I wish you a great day.







26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, long, long, ago, when her hands were much steadier, lol!

      Delete
  2. I love bumblebees, and yours is covered in pollen,she was so industrious... You’ve shared a wonderful photo collage here!
    Thank you, dear Denise, and I wish you a happy day. Hugs, Elke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, aren't they Elke :) Thank you very much and it is my pleasure. I appreciate your kind words and wish you the same. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  3. Hello Denise,
    Amazing closeups of the bee, it is covered in pollen. She must be a happy bee.
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, I always have a sense of amazement when I see bees covered in pollen. Most definitely a happy bee :) You take care and have a happy day also.

      Delete
  4. That bumblebee did have good time. Lovely photos, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower is beautiful and the pictures with the bee on it are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a nice poster board. Oddly enough, I posted one today, but it is not as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you saying so John, thank you. I look forward to seeing yours :)

      Delete
  7. I've never noticed these pollen sacs before, I shall be looking for them on every bumblebee I see from now on, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to learn these things Jo, I feel the same way and my eyes become more aware of what's going on around me :)

      Delete
  8. You are correct, Denise. Only female bees forage for pollen and nectar so only they are equipped to carry pollen back to the hive. The males stay at home, watch football on TV and drink beer. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the confirmation David, and thanks also for the chuckle. I finish smiling :)

      Delete
  9. Denise what a wonderful photo and collage
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cecilia :) glad you enjoyed. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  10. Aww ... what an absolutely adorable capture of the furry little bee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed Penelope. He was such a delightful little bee to come across :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!