Thursday, August 6, 2026

MEETING A NICE COUPLE ON OUR WALK - GREEN SPRING GARDENS CONTINUED...

Gregg dropped me off in front of the visitor center as I wanted to see what the children's garden had added. We hadn't been there for a while. He caught up with me half-way along the path. I am slow and also like to take photos of flowers (and feathers as you can see in my last post) along the way. 

We were also going to check out the area where they grow produce, and it was there that we started chatting to this really delightful couple, B. and T., I'll call them. I could tell right away that they were good people, very friendly and very interesting to listen to. We must have chatted for half-an-hour. 

On impulse and after the half an hour, just before we were going to go our separate ways, I asked them if they would mind if I took a photo of them. Thankfully they were very happy to do that. I only ask if I feel comfortable with people, and we certainly felt very comfortable with each other. 


Now, this is where I am kicking myself. I said I would be happy to send them the photos and there's me thinking of a piece of paper and a pen to write their number down, which I couldn't find. I still like my trusty ballpoint pen and small notebook.

B said I could text it to them and suggested putting it down in my iPhone which I did - I thought - but wouldn't you know it, when I got home to do just that, I couldn't find the blessed phone number that I thought I had put into my contacts. 

I did give them a card I had made up for those times people have asked me in the past - yes rare but they stick with me - to take photos of them and their children and sometimes visiting relatives who have asked that please could we send it to them - so on a whim I gave B one of my cards with my email and blog printed on it. 

So...B & T, if you read this and didn't get those photos I promised to send you, this is why. I am hoping that you will read this as we had talked about my blog, and please send me an email or write a message on my comments so that I can send these photos to you. They turned out lovely and I dearly would love to send them. We so very much enjoyed our conversation with you both.

I think that's enough for today as I have an uncomfortable headache, which is a sure sign than I need to get off here.


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thursday.

Wishing you all sunshine and flowers.



6 comments:

  1. Dear Denise, I hope you get in touch—and don't rack your brains over this so much; that’s likely what’s causing the headaches. Get well soon, you kind soul—and lovely photos, by the way!
    Rest up. Hugs, Elke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Elke, thank you for the sweet words :) just get very upset at myself at the thought of letting someone down. When I say I will do something, it bothers me when I don’t or suddenly can’t do it. I am my mother’s child :) Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  2. I hope they read this and reply. the Mexican Marigolds are wonderful! I have never heard of them, but they are much prettier than the regular ones we are used to. We used to have Cosmos that we started from seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ginny :) They are a pretty marigold. I only found out about them through visiting this garden. I would love to grow cosmos from seeds.

      Delete
  3. That happens, I know this Situation in similiar too. But remembering the nice couple forward. It's important to get those in the hectic nowadays.

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Erica, Thank you for your kind words and comment. I very much appreciate what you say. Greetings from Denise :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!