I found this on Pinterest so there is no link. It would be easy to find if you type in the name of the quiche in the search engine once you get to the website. I looked for its author without success, though I will keep trying. We were very pleased with this dish, another 10 out of 10 if your tastes tend to go in this direction. It is advertised as an egg bake, but it looked like a crustless quiche.
Cottage Cheese Mushroom and Spinach Egg Bake
Servings: up to 5 people
Approximately 240 to 320 calories depending on how many servings sizes you get.
6 eggs
1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or sour cream
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Optinal: fresh parsley or chives for garnish
Heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
Wash/prepare/measure out all ingredients. Drain what you need to and get everything dry so that there is no excess liquid when you start putting everything into the baking dish/pie dish.
Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch or 9-inch baking pie dish (we used a pie dish).
Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add your sliced and diced onion and mushrooms. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
Add your two cloves of minced garlic and the two cups of fresh spinach. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until the spinach wilts.
In a large bowl, whisk the 6 eggs, 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (or sour cream), the 1/2 cup of Parmesan, 1 cup grated mozzarella, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon each of the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
Stir in the cooked mushrooms and spinach mixture.
Pour everything into the baking dish/pie dish and spread evenly.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is golden.
Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
This is an easy, high protein meal you can enjoy for any meal of the day. It was delicious! The only thing I find is that our oven runs cooler and it took us an extra 15 minutes to cook, so you might have to adjust your timing according to your own oven temperature.
We served it with a mixed vegetable salad and I added raspberries, blackberries and blueberries with mine. I used a regular dinner plate, and the salad alone would have been a meal on its own, but the egg bake/quiche was a very yummy addition. Truth be told, it looked a bit lost among salad. We each had a bigger piece the next day for lunch, on its own. It was even tastier after those flavors had a chance to develop. This is the kind of dish that if you had company coming, you could make it the day before.
You can basically see all that was put into the salad, but because I'm corner to corner, I like to make a list so that it's easier for me to put together next time. You might enjoy seeing all the additions.
Mixed spring greens
Green leafy lettuce
Sliced radishes
Quartered Campari tomatoes
Broccoli florets
Sliced green onion
A few each of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
I didn't use a dressing but sprinkled a little lemon juice over the top.
I also added a sprinkling of turmeric over mine, plus a sprinkling of black pepper. Black pepper is supposed to activate the goodness even more in the turmeric. I am always curious about such things but by all means, you should definitely ask your medical professional first if you are thinking of going the same way. There is an article here if you want to know more. Also, this link takes you to a page at the John Hopkins website where you can get even more information.
That's about it for today. As mentioned above, 10 out of 10 for the quiche, and the salad was well received also. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to answer.
Thanks for visiting and wishing you all a great day.




Looks good Denise. I would cook some meat to go with it..
ReplyDeleteLooks so good. And once again, really healthy!
ReplyDeleteOh, how delicious that looks—and the way you’ve arranged the plate with the vegetables and fruit, too! I’d love to eat that right away, and it’s so healthy, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Denise!
Have a wonderful start to the week! Hugs, Elke
It looks heavenly
ReplyDelete