Build it and they will come they said, or in this case buy it and the same thing will happen. Really?
This is for our overseas friends so they translate using the widget on the side bar.
Photo 1:
"I don't know what this is over there but the squirrels seem very interested."
Photo 2:
"I am not going anywhere near it. It is too loud and gurgly."
"Scary!"
Photo 3:
Camera Lady is not happy we are not interested yet, but there is one thing she is happy about."
"What's that?"
Photo 4:
"It has a live feed and a bump outside woke her up. She thought it was those naughty raccoons."
Photo 5:
"We heard it too. We were sleeping up in the trees."
"There was no one there but she noticed something else."
Photo 6:
"She saw that she had left the light on in the garage and turned it off right away. She is still patiently waiting for us to use the birdbath."
Photo 7:
"She says she is going to do cartwheels across the deck when that day arrives."
"That is definitely not a good idea."








It surprises me that the birds aren't really taking to it. It's a matter of waiting—eventually, it'll work out!
ReplyDeleteStill, a great conversation and photos of the various birds.
hugs Elke
Me too Elke. I have to be more patient. I remember when I put bird feeders up and it always took a while for them to come back. Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed my bit of whimsy today. Hugs, Denise :)
DeleteHow come! Give them some time to get used to it...
ReplyDeleteHow come indeed Angie! Yes, they just need more time. I am hearing more chirping up in the trees today. A good sign :)
DeleteThe birdies are smart to be very cautious at first. But once they get used to it, I am convinced there will be no stopping them!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great point Ginny and thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate that :)
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend, Denise!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kay, you too :)
DeleteGet in there guys, the water is fine.
ReplyDeleteThat's what they need to hear, can I quote you John :))))
DeleteFunny how that came up! I just posted about my beautiful bird bath I used to have that broke so now I use an old farm feed pan and the birds love it!
ReplyDeleteHowever, they do need to get used to the bath! Kudos and fun post!
I love these coincidences Val and look forward to visiting you and your beautiful bird bath :) I think tried and true bird baths are more attractive to birds, to wildlife in general, than brand new ones. Thanks for the kudos, much appreciated.
DeleteI hope that they eventually decide to try out the bird bath and I hope that when they do and you do your cartwheels across the deck that Gregg is there to get video.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they will Ann, thank you. I need to practice more patience and remember that old quote, a watched pot never boils! Yes, I think Gregg would be the first to grab a video if I ever did that, lol! He's not holding his breathe ;)
DeleteI have had a cardinal, a mourning dove and goldfinch that have visited my bird bath. The use is infrequent. It does excite me, though, each time the notification goes off, and it is a bird.
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful Linda. It's always exciting to me to see them :)
DeleteI would think they would get used to it in time. If they still hesitate, can you turn it off and just have them get used to it without all the scary stuff?
ReplyDeleteThat’s an excellent idea and will look into that tomorrow. They should get used to it I would have thought, fingers crossed :)
DeleteSo cute Denise, well done.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Mary :)
DeleteFun!
ReplyDeleteThanks Christine :)
DeleteI'm flying in from Florida to see what's going on at your house. Looks like fun! Happy day!
ReplyDeleteYou would be very welcome Diane, I need all the expert help I can get :) Happy day to you too.
DeleteBirds are being very bird brain no enjoying the lovely fountain you have.
ReplyDeleteMaybe eventually they will
Hugs cecilia
Hopefully Cecilia :) and thank you. Hugs, Denise
DeleteThey are going to stretch this out until it breaks! Silly birds.
ReplyDeleteI echo your comment Sandra :)
DeleteHa ha! I love your sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteSweet of you to say, thank you Sara :)
DeleteWell, those birds are very opinionated and maybe when they get hot enough they'll finally decide to try the bath! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteAren’t they ever and maybe? Blessings to you too Ellen :)
DeleteI'm sure in time they will eventually decide to try out the bird bath!
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely Saturday post Denise.
All the best Jan
I am sure Jan and I am learning patience :) all the best, Denise
DeleteI think they will eventually use it - guess patience is the key!
ReplyDeletePatience, patience, patience, wherefore art thou? lol! Thanks Sandie :)
DeleteLindos pájaros. . Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteGracias por tus amables palabras. Te mando un beso :)
Delete