Monday, August 19, 2019

MONDAY RECIPE POST - SHEET PAN PORK TENDERLOIN WITH ROAST POTATOES AND CARROTS


Browsing through food blogs, as I do when trying to find a new recipe, I came across "Chew Out Loud - Sweet Savory, One Bite At A Time" hosted by Amy.  I found the sheet pan pork dish here.  Thank you Amy, this was a delicious dinner.


Roast Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Carrots
6 servings

Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes 

2 lbs. boneless pork tenderloins 
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil 
6 tablespoons high quality balsamic vinegar 
2 heaping tablespoons pure honey 
1 whole head of garlic, peeled and minced 
1/2 cup onion, minced 
1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves, minced 
2 teaspoons kosher salt 
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
2 lbs. baby potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces 
1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch small pieces

Put rack on lower middle position and then preheat oven to 350 deg. F.  

Line a large baking pan with foil and grease foil liberally.

Use paper towels to pat and dry all excess moisture from the pork tenderloins.  Place tenderloins in center of greased-foiled pan and set aside.

In a large bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, onion, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Use a whisk to combine well.  

Don't forget to reserve 1/3 cup of this marinade in separate small bowl.  

Add potatoes and carrots to marinade in the large bowl and toss to combine well.  

Evenly drizzle the reserved 1/3 cup of marinade over the pork, making sure all sides are coated.  

Place the potatoes and carrots evenly around the pork tenderloins, again making sure that vegetables are well coated with marinade.


Roast in oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 deg. F. when tested in its thickest center portion. 

If pork is done before veggies, carefully use tongs and transfer pork to a plate, cover with a clean piece of foil  and keep warm at room temperature for at least 5 to 10 minutes.  Do not slice or cut into it yet (pork's temperature will continue to rise during resting at room temperature).  

If the potatoes and carrots need to cook longer, turn up the oven temperature to 425 deg. F. Continue roasting vegetables until nicely browned and tender.  Check often for doneness.

Once ready to serve, transfer pork to a cutting board and cut 1/2 inch slices, or to whatever thickness you normally have.  Drizzle with any pan sauces that remain.  Serve with the potatoes and carrots.
We served our meal with a green salad.  

It was delicious and we both really enjoyed the marinade.  I also served this up for friends who were all very complimentary and wanted the recipe.

I was a little unsure using a whole head of garlic.  It took me a couple of minutes before deciding to go ahead.  The only time I use garlic is a couple of cloves at a time, but surprisingly this larger amount wasn't overpowering and only enhanced the flavor.

My thanks again to Amy for broadening my horizons.  She has a lot of other interesting recipes that I would like to try sometime.  Not much effort really.  I made the marinade earlier and refrigerated it until putting everything else together.  



24 comments:

  1. Hello, this sounds like a yummy meal. Easy to make too, thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen. Thank you and I wish you a great week :)

      Delete
  2. This looks yummy! I do have a package of carrots in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks yummy. I will check her out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Ginny, think you will enjoy her other recipes also :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds good...I bookmarked! Thought of you already this morning! I made your oatmeal with bananas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, so glad and happy you made that oatmeal too :)

      Delete
  5. looks good from here, I like the marinade idea, all things around the house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, the marinade was really excellent :)

      Delete
  6. I do enjoy Pork Tenderloin … many thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Wishing you a good week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since we enjoyed pork. Thank you Jan and a good week to you also :)

      Delete
  7. Denise, your recipe sure looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing a winner with us. I love sheet pan dinners, but have never used pork in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Martha Ellen and thank you :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!