Monday, August 26, 2019

MONDAY RECIPE POST - BLUEBERRY PANCAKE FOR ONE



This recipe doesn't have a website link.  It is  something that I have seen in cookbooks and websites over the years.  I cut the ingredients down so that it would be just right for when I felt like a pancake and hubs wanted something else. It is simple and fast.

Blueberry Pancake for One

1/4 cup of Bisquick (or use 
substitute recipe I shared here)
1 large egg
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon butter (melted)
1/2 tablespoon butter (for the frypan)
1/4 cup blueberries

Strawberry and blueberries for garnish 
1/8 cup Log Cabin Syrup, or topping of choice


Get ingredients prepared and measured out.

In a small bowl add the Bisquick (or equivalent amount of the substitute recipe), egg, milk, vanilla extract and the 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter.  Mix until well combined.  Gently fold in blueberries.  

Melt the other 1/2 tablespoon of butter in frying pan, or you can use cooking spray.  

Once your frying pan is hot enough, p
our batter into it and cook for three to four minutes, or until nicely golden.  Flip and cook on the other side until done.  

Carefully place pancake onto your plate and top with a favorite syrup, maple, blueberry for example.

I used strawberry and blueberry for a garnish, with extras on the side.



I generally have this on the weekend for brunch.  

Thanks for looking everyone and may your week be a great one.



28 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I love anything with blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look good. It is years since I have had a pancake but I think I would find it hard to stop at one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have them every so often. I do them a little thicker than a crepe for hubby. He enjoys the way I do them as this is the way my mother taught me, once a year on Shrove Tuesday, with lemon juice and sugar sprinkled on them :) I found I liked them more American-style when I got here so I always make mine a little bit thicker.

      Delete
  3. I really should start cooking again. This recipe is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie :) This would be a great one for you to make if you like pancakes.

      Delete
  4. Hello, the blueberry pancakes looks delicious. It would be my favorite, YUM! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen and you are very welcome. A great day and rest of the week to you :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, that does look good and a very good idea. It looks great the way you've presented it too.
    I also enjoy blueberries... lol have been having them in my porridge (we're having very cold weather over here lately), and they make the porridge go a beautiful colour!
    Cheers :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thank you. Blueberries are my favorite fruit. I love porridge too and occasionally put them on that. Cold weather will be coming soon. I always had a hot bowl of porridge when I was a little girl before going to school.

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious! Costco sells a buttermilk pancake mix that is good, just add water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, yes I've bought the Costco versions before.

      Delete
  7. Looks delicious. I'm always cutting recipes down to size to keep from wasting food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, I'm doing that more and more these days but still love my leftovers just so long as I can use them for a couple of days.

      Delete
  8. Looks great, and I love blueberries.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I plan to try this recipe one day this week and might just consider making 2 pancakes to share one with Pat. Thanks, Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be nice. Let me know what you think of them :)

      Delete
  10. Your food photography is amazing. I think you could have a career if you wanted to work steadily! And you don’t, I’m sure ! Gosh that pancake looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sallie, you are very kind. This recipe always turns out great :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!