Friday, March 29, 2019

MORE FROM GREEN SPRING GARDENS



When we were trying to decide where to go for our walk, we chose Green Spring Gardens which I mentioned in my previous post. The places we go within a relatively short drive always guarantees a pleasant time, and today was no exception.

There is an open gate as we enter the garden area.  We saw that they close at 5.00 p.m. and it was already 4.00 p.m.  We decided it would be prudent to park outside the gate, as the sign suggested.  There were many cars parked outside already.  Gregg dropped me off at the top so that I could walk down to the pond and meet him there.  But first I took a photo of these cute dogs who were already leaving.  I saw several dogs this day.
When I sat on the seat next to the pond where I was to meet Gregg, this little girl introduced herself.  She is a little blurry as she trotted in fast.  Her name was Hope and the lady walking her told me she was a rescue dog and she hadn't had her for very long.  Hope was a sweet furry friend and I made a big fuss of her.  
We stayed chatting for several minutes until Gregg turned up, and it was time for Hope to continue her walk.  A sweet encounter and a good start to our own walk.  
Here she is checking out one of the many smells she would encounter that day, curious about everything as I saw her disappear out of sight.  I could tell Hope would have a very happy life with the lady she was with.  I had a good feeling and I just knew there was a special connection between the two of them, and a whole lot of love.
The only birdlife I saw on the pond were two Canada Geese.  There were no nests nearby that I could see.
Do you ever like to study the bark on trees?  We are always interested in them and need to learn how to ID all the ones we see.  Our next project!  Gregg took the following photo.  
Here is another I don't know the name of.
It seems that many have decided to show how much they care for their partner.  I know it is an age-old tradition but what I would say is give them a hug instead and tell them verbally.  Leave the tree alone for others to enjoy, what say you?  I wonder what Hal and Nancy are doing now?  I wonder when it was that he carved their names on this tree?  Hal had to be a tall man to do that.  It was way above my head. (I believe I have shared this tree in an older post.)
It is really peaceful in this area.
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry.  We shall get there someday."
~A. A. Milne~
It would be lovely to live in a home next to a park or a large public garden...
and it always gives me a lift to see the first daffodils.
 How sweet the daffodil, its sunlight hue calls out, "Notice me, I am joy!"
~Author Unknown~
'Glory of the Snow' from my last post.
Blue Anemones.
Purple Pansies.  
I thought the hyacinths were a very pretty shade of pink.
The cherry blossoms were in bloom.  
There were also more dogs to see.  I didn't take photos of them all...
and I was surprised to see so many of these small dogs. Are they Maltese?  A Maltese Convention perhaps?  
I don't think I was seeing the same dogs over and over again.
We are slowly getting to the end of our walk, and we stop near the house.  If you go here and scroll down its page, you can find a short history of the place.
From the lovely green door...
down to its door knocker, it is interesting to read its history.
As we walked down the hill to where Gregg had parked our car, I stopped to take one more photo of these new buds.  
And that was it for the day's walk and photo taking.  It was lovely, and now we have to decide where we are going to go next time.  

We have company coming, so may be a little slow getting back to you over the weekend. 






48 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me along with you, I enjoyed every second of the walk. The first tree with the peeling bark, I believe it is River Birch. We have those here. The little dogs in the car are so cute! The anemone are beautiful. And I love the daffodil quote, "Look at me, I am joy". And so it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny and you are very welcome, so glad you enjoyed. Thank you for identifying the River Birch. I like that name. I liked the quote too, and the little dogs in the car as they drove by. I was happy my reflexes were a little faster with the camera :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like a gorgeous day, thanks for sharing spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So welcome Christmas, always happy to share and glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  3. Spring flowers and dogs! Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking us along on you walk and looking at all you saw to photograph. Love the spring flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very welcome Margaret and thank you so much! Spring flowers are such a joy.

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed this, Denise. Dogs, flowers, birds, all would make my day. Seeing your daffodils reminds me that mine in the garden have failed this year. Not a sign of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, they do mine :) I do hope you get your daffodils to bloom again.

      Delete
  6. This looks like a great place to take a walk where there are beautiful Spring flowers, blossom, woody areas and a stream. It must be a popular place for all the family where dogs are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a popular place and will be more so as the weather gets warmer. Thanks RT :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Obrigado! É a minha época favorita do ano ao lado do outono. Um abraço e um bom fim de semana pra vocês :)

      Delete
  8. I love visiting gardens, thanks for the tour. I think the first tree is a paperbark birch and the second looks like some type of sycamore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HiLinda, and you are very welcome. I am always very grateful when blogging friends help me to ID what I don't know. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. Hello, beautiful flowers. The doggies are all cute! Great captures of the geese. Happy Friday, enjoy your day. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now this is the perfect place for a walk, I love dogs and trees and flowers, this has it all.. I love the photo of the house hiding behind the trees up on the hill. and I am a lover of trees and their bark and have never and will never carve on a tree. I don't like that at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I agree, I love it! You and I think alike :)

      Delete
  11. What a great walk! I would like to live on an isolated farm and skip the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An isolated farm sounds great Red, I wouldn't mind that myself :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful set of all round photos, well done Denise. Have a good weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, and you have a good weekend too :)

      Delete
  13. What a pretty walk, Denise. All the lovely flowers and the stream make for a very romantic place. I too wish folks wouldn't carve into tree bark. All the dogies must really enjoy having such a great spot for their walk as well. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha, I agree on all counts. Happy Spring to you too :)

      Delete
  14. The dogs, admittedly, are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely aren't they? Thanks William :)

      Delete
  15. I agree with your feelings, Denise, that people should not leave messages carved into the trees as it may hasten their decline. Thanks for the lovely walk and it was nice to see so many flowers in bloom already as we have none here in Nashua, NH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy, we must protect our trees that's for sure. Glad you enjoyed our walk. I hope the flowers start blooming soon in Nashua :)

      Delete
  16. I would have enjoyed this walk...the tree with all the initials/hearts is a beech....the other one I am not sure about. Might be a birch of some sort...beautiful photos, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, thank you for the ID. Appreciate that so much :)

      Delete
  17. What a great place to go walk. I love the daffodils when they come up. Such a great site. We have five rescue critters. We love them but they don't seem very grateful!! (Actually, I think they kind of like us as well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yogi and how wonderful you have five rescue critters. I bet they love you just as much as you love them.

      Delete
  18. we are trying to decide right now, where to go on this beautiful day. like you, we have many choices that are not too far from home!!

    this looks like a great spot, so many beautiful things to see and photograph. isn't it amazing how those daffodils grow wild in the woods, and come back every year?? you would think at some point they wold die off but they never do!!

    so many beautiful flowers, my daffodils are just about ready to pop!! have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your photos when you decide Debbie.

      It is amazing, I love the daffodils growing wild. They are resilient.

      I hope you had a great weekend also :)

      Delete
  19. Hi Denise,
    What a delightful walk, what with all the dogs and all appear to have wonderful temperament and be very friendly.
    Love the trees and flowers but not so keen on the bark carving, it might be visible for posterity but only if the tree survives.
    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy you enjoy what I share John. Thank you so much! All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  20. What a lovely and peaceful place to walk, Denise! I love that Hope was rescued and seems to be loved and in a good home. Seems that her name is definitely appropriate too. Hugs and Happy Sunday! RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RO, and the lady told me that she named her Hope because of the fact that she was a rescue. Hope says it all for adopting rescue dogs. Hugs and a Happy week to you :)

      Delete
  21. Denise, thank you for sharing the Spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful Spring walk! The daffodils ARE joy! Thanks for sharing it (and for the memories).

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely post Denise, lovely to see all of your photographs, but I love the cheerful daffodils.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed Jan, thank you :) All the best to you too.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!