Monday, December 3, 2018

MONDAY FOOD POST - NO RECIPE BUT A GREAT BURGER AT BGR IN THE MOSAIC DISTRICT, MERRIFIELD, VA


We went to the Mosaic District again yesterday.  Feeling like a burger, and also for a different place to try, we looked on Yelp.  It gave us several within driving distance, and after looking at each one we decided on this place, the BGR (Burgers Grilled Right).  Another excellent decision.  Our first time and won't be our last.  
Gregg is at the counter and I am sitting at the window.  It was a bit of a dreary day and had rained earlier on, but it stopped long enough for us to walk around.  Those photos will be in another post.

Gregg had the BGR Works; lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese, mojo (the mojo we were told was a mayonnaise-based special sauce).
I ordered The Wellington; caramelized onions, roasted mushrooms, black truffles, blue cheese and mojo.  We shared the fries.  All yum!
These were taken while we were waiting for our meal, which wasn't a long wait at all.  
Before we left we chatted to the owner and told him how much we had enjoyed our meal, that both were excellent.  He was happy and turned round and told his cook who smiled and thanked us.  We were sure to thank both of them and said we would be back next time we were in the area.  A place we can recommend highly, for not only great food but for friendliness.  They get five stars from both of us.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.




26 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it - and even gladder (is that a word) that you thanked the maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC, it is a good word to me and very important to thank those who take care of us :)

      Delete
  2. It does look very good. Yelp is invaluable! You look so cute in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Ginny and yes, we are using Yelp more and more these days.

      Delete
  3. I can nearly smell that food from your photographs Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say 'thank you' when I have enjoyed a meal. It is courteous so to do and most times the owner or cook deserves some praise after all their hard graft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice thing to do isn't it Valerie? Showing our appreciation is welcomed as I am told it doesn't happen as often as it should :(

      Delete
  5. I am not a burger fan but I must say they look good. Hope that you have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my moments when I look forward to a burger and then I may not feel like one for months. I guess this was the day for me to have one :) I hope your week is going well Diane.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Estou feliz por Francisco. Um abraço e uma boa semana para você. Sua amiga Denise :)

      Delete
  7. Glad you enjoyed this restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. if it were not so far away I would be there in a flash. I love burgers, they are my most favorite of all foods, bar none and these look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take you here Sandra :) A good burger is hard to beat.

      Delete
  9. Hi Denise,
    The burgers look delicious, if it was not such a journey I would be visiting for one.
    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah John, it would be lovely to take you to this burger place. All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  10. It's been quite awhile since I've last had a burger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh hubby and I enjoy a good burger and they certainly looked it! Isn't it a bonus when people are friendly in a shop... makes the difference to a return visit or not :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is Sue, makes all the difference in the world to experience friendly people at these places. It's what keeps me going back :)

      Delete
  12. Nice to know you enjoyed this restaurant.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!