Friday, December 14, 2018

A COLLECTION OF ANGELS

Part of my collection are the Angel ornaments, lovingly collected at certain times in my life, and precious gifts from family and friends.
May angels rest beside your door
May you hear their voices sing

May you feel their loving care for you
May you hear their peace bells ring
May angels always care for you
And not let you trip and fall

May they bear you up on angel's wings
May they keep you standing tall
May they whisper wisdom in your ear
May they touch you when you need

May they remove from you each trace of fear
May they keep you from feeling greed
May they fill you with their presence
May they show you love untold
May they always stand beside you
And make you ever bold.
May they teach you what you need to know
About life here and here-after
May they fill you always with their love
And give you the gift of laughter
~Author Unknown~
Silently one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven

Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots, of angels.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~
I went forth to find an angel
And found this effort brought

That life is full of so much good
The touch that angels wrought.
~James Joseph Huesgen~
How wonderful it must be to speak the language of angels, with no words for hate and a million words for love.

~Eileen Elias Freeman~ 
from The Angels' Little Instruction Book
In my life I have met many earth-bound angels. And talking about earth angels, I just read that actor Gary Senise and his foundation with untold numbers of people and volunteers, are sending 1,000 children of fallen soldiers to Disneyland for Christmas. These are earth angels for sure. Link here: https://tribunist.com/news/gary-sinise-flies-1000-children-of-fallen-soldiers-to-disney-world-for-christmas/


Thank you for stopping by and  
have a great weekend. 



42 comments:

  1. You've put a lot of work into this collection. I can't believe all the original angel figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time goes by so fast, one or two each Christmas for over 43 years.

      Delete
  2. You have outdone yourself with wonderful quotes! Beautiful angels! My favorites are the first one, the little boy bell ringer, and the harpist. I notice that a few do not have wings. And the bible never says that angels have wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, always makes me happy to know you enjoyed my posts.

      Delete
  3. Love your angels and the beautiful quotes. I collect angels and have an angel tree as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful collections of lovely angels.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to make a note of the beautiful poem. I know my loved ones would be touched by the words. Your angels are beautiful. It must have taken years in order to collect so many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy you enjoyed. Yes, it's been many, many years.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful collection of angels and words. Love it, Denise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, your angel collection is beautiful. The earth bound angels like Gary Senise are beautiful too. Enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Denise, this is absolutely beautiful and the photos are stunning. each angel is my favorite, I can't even pick 3 favorites. I love them all. they make me feel joy.. so does the first poem. I am sending this to three of my non blogging friends. thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I'm very happy you enjoyed and feel honored you are passing it along.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing that news about Gary Sinise. Love that! Sweet angel collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, we need these stories of good people.

      Delete
  10. Hi Denise,
    What a wonderful post with your collection of Angels and words.
    What a wonderful man in Gary Senise to take all the children to Disneyland, he is most certainly an angel for those poor children.
    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John and I do so agree about Gary Senise and all his fellow angels.

      Delete
  11. Denise, you have a beautiful collection of angels! And the accompanying text is beautiful. I believe angels walk among us. Thank you for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise, Angels, indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post Denise, so nice to see all of your photographs.
    So nice to read about Gary Senise too.

    I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, my good wishes for the coming new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post! I love your collection and the wonderful way you presented it with the perfect verses and your own reminder of angels on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Denise for sharing your angel collection between such inspiring verses. I have a bear angel that looks very similar to one of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. I would love to see your bear angel sometime.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!