Monday, November 12, 2018

MONDAY RECIPE POST - EASY BAKED LEMON DIJON SALMON


When we were at the supermarket today, the salmon looked so good I picked up a piece for dinner.  I found this recipe at Flavor the Moment hosted by Marcie.  


Easy Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon
Yield: 4 servings - 6 oz. servings

Total time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes

This is one of those fast prep-to-table dishes.  

1-1/2 lb. wild salmon filets
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon slices for topping
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Place the salmon filets on a foil or silpat lined rimmed baking sheet (I used non-stick aluminum foil), and blot dry with a paper towel.  Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Place the olive oil, finely chopped garlic, Dijon, lemon juice and thyme in a small bowl.  Mix until combined.

Spoon half of the lemon/Dijon mixture over the salmon filets and top with the lemon slices.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and top with the remaining sauce and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the fat has rendered and the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Serve and enjoy :)


Another delicious dish. 

I had a few items I needed to use up in the fridge, and served the salmon with butter lettuce, florets of cauliflower and broccoli, a few sautéed cherry tomatoes and mashed sweet potatoes.  Not only was the salmon delicious but when everything was on the plate it looked pretty. 

The Dijon mixture was yummy and I will serve it on other seafood.

My thanks to Marcie for this very tasty dish.




34 comments:

  1. That plate looks colorful and delicious. We eat with our eyes -- just looking at this beautiful meal is satisfying. And I would be even more envious if we hadn't actually had salmon for dinner tonight (Sunday). I cooked it with pesto sauce -- with rice and roasted brussels sprouts. Good but very rich (the salmon). Thank you for this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, glad you like the look of this one. Your recipe also sounds delicious and as we enjoy brussels sprouts, I am going to give your recipe a try. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Lemon and dijon mustard is a match made in heaven isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love salmon and have it at least once a week so I shall try this recipe. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Margaret, let me know what you think would you please?

      Delete
  4. Oh yum. Its dinner time here and I could just savour that beautiful dish right now. I love salmon and sweet potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my favorites also :) Hi Diane, and thank you.

      Delete
  5. Vision is everything when talking about food. I feel hungry just looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, they have a way of doing that to me too :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Obrigado Francisco. Um abraço e uma boa semana para você também. Sua amiga Denise :)

      Delete
  7. Hello, I love salmon. It always nice to try new recipes. The sweet potatoes look yummy too. Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, yes, finding new recipes and new taste sensations, always fun :) You are very welcome and the same to you :)

      Delete
  8. the plate is gorgeous and looks so delish.. I love sweet potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks delicious and appetising. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a fan of seafood, but I can see the appeal for those who like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just put salmon on my grocery list for tomorrow's shopping. You put together a beautiful meal, more appealing than from a restaurant. Your photography is excellent, as always. I may not comment often, but I always enjoy your posts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say so Sandy. Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Oh my …
    This looks delicious, thanks for sharing a lovely recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the look of it Jan, I certainly enjoy the recipes you share.

      Delete
  13. How delicious! I think I can just about taste it too, the combination looks beautiful :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the look of this recipe Sue, thank you!

      Delete
  14. Several of our favorites were on this dinner plate, Denise - salmon, sweet potatoes and cauliflower - and all in a colorful presentation. Thanks for the recipe post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds so good and wow, it sure does look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!