Monday, June 20, 2016

MONDAY RECIPE POST - OATMEAL CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES


I saw this recipe on the back of my packet of Craisins (Dehydrated Cranberries).  I found the original recipe here.

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies 

Makes approximately 2-1/2 dozen. 

2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Craisins Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Using an electric mixer beat butter or margarine with sugar together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.  

Add eggs, mixing well.  

Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.  

Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.  

Stir in Craisins/dried Cranberries and white chocolate chunks.  

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.  

Cool on wired rack.  

Makes approximately 2-1/2 dozen cookies.



Result?  Delicious, especially with a cup of tea.  I didn't actually use any chocolate.  I had everything else in the pantry and didn't feel like going to the store just for that one ingredient.  They still tasted great.  




And yes, I was careful with my cup of tea.  I don't usually put it quite so close to my laptop, just long enough for the photo.  See how big that cup is?  There are times when you just have to use the bigger cup.



12 comments:

  1. They look delicious, Denise! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I OFTEN have my tea in a bigger cup (mug).
    The biscuits look good - and I am going to pretend I haven't seen them. I need to pretend I haven't seen them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, the times I use a bigger cup are ALL the time! These cookies look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could eat one right now. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I knowI can look but not eat although they look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a cool morning because it has been raining since early morning. I was thinking it would be nice to have a cup of hot coffee with some cookies. What a coincidence to come to your post and see your cookies and a cup of tea. After this, I know what I need to do. Hot coffee with my cookies! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do find some great recipes, Denise. Those cookies look scrumptious - I might even have a go at making them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, your cookies looks delicious. I wish I could just grab one right now. I have a big cup for my coffee. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the photo on your laptop. i can't use a big cup because i like my coffee hot enough to burn the tongue and the big cup gets cold faster.. there is a recipe very similar to this on the Jiffy Mix oatmeal muffins mix. i leave out the chocolate chips, the rest is just like this and they are delish. not so sweet as other cookies

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look good Denise ... so does that cup of tea!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.