Monday, January 18, 2016

Short break from holiday photos - a good for you Smoothie Drink.


I love smoothies and am always on the look-out for new recipes.  As I was feeling a bit achy this morning - cold weather has a habit of doing that - I came across this one which has all kinds of good things going for it, so I thought I would share it with you today.  Unfortunately the blog I originally got it from is showing it no longer exists.  

Makes enough for one glass.

1/2 cup coconut water
1 cup cubed pineapple
1 stick celery
1 tablespoon crushed walnuts
1/2 teaspoon turmeric

Whirl in a blender until smooth.


What did I think?  A refreshing drink for breakfast and it tasted great.  I obviously can't verify all the things they say, but it has healthy ingredients and I decided to give it a try. 

13 comments:

  1. Well, I know both pineapple and turmeric help with inflammation. And walnuts are a great source of protein. I gravitate to smoothies more in summer than winter. Hot soup is on my agenda right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be eating my grits and toast while your drink your smoothie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds good . Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good tip. Tumeric is good for inflammation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I just can't get into those smoothies. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds G R E A T !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a smoothie drinker but I think it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... I haven't made a smoothie in such a long time. Now you're making me want one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!